Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY The Master Race (All Things PC Gaming)

Ok, I see your point and I forgot about the text quality issue with OLED, smh.

Yeah aand I have an OLED tv and the shit is amazing but I also have an east-facing giant window and I'm pretty sure that the TV is already washing out after 2 years. I have blackout curtains but you can only do so much vs the sun.

On a sidenote... I kinda miss when screensavers was a thing

Yeah aand I have an OLED tv and the shit is amazing but I also have an east-facing giant window and I'm pretty sure that the TV is already washing out after 2 years. I have blackout curtains but you can only do so much vs the sun.

On a sidenote... I kinda miss when screensavers was a thing

I still use some old ass OpenGL screensavers I first downloaded back in the late 90's.

IMG_20230824_214100645.jpg

This is what it looks like after tweaking the settings and turning the rings into glass.

LMAO I remember those. And shout out to OpenGL.

Were you around during the demo scene?

I'm talking Future Crew Second Reality days

That early 90's scene? Yes and no. I was more into the Atari ST and 8 bit demo scenes back then 'cause that's what I owned but still peeked in on the PC scene 'cause my Pops would put me on. I saw 2nd Reality and the like way back. There was one my pops had that was like 20 minutes long of some stick figure's adventure. That had to have been '91 or '92.

Also... no judgement but... diabetes is real.

Bruh it's a big ass bottle of water, a can of sparkling water (with zero sweeteners) and the two non-water drinks I had for the entire day. And today was odd because I usually don't have any pop or energy drinks at all.

Good lookin, but I'm cool bruh.

This shit is what solidified to me that I was going to be a programmer. Imagine all this fitting on one 3.5 floppy disk and running with no 3d card or anything.

These dudes were doing raytracing in 1993 on 486's with no fans, loadtimes or memory footprints.

This shit is what solidified to me that I was going to be a programmer. Imagine all this fitting on one 3.5 floppy disk and running with no 3d card or anything.

These dudes were doing raytracing in 1993 on 486's with no fans, loadtimes or memory footprints.

ray tracing, particle physics, animated 3D primatives... And dope music to boot. All done in assembly to get it to fit into a tiny ass executable.

And a lot of them were shooting for a fast 386 in those days, not even a 486 yet.

ray tracing, particle physics, animated 3D primatives... And dope music to boot. All done in assembly to get it to fit into a tiny ass executable.

And a lot of them were shooting for a fast 386 in those days, not even a 486 yet.

Yeah there aren't that many people on the planet that can understand the context and the parameters that these guys were stunting with just for fun.

When this shit came out I was still writing graffiti but when I saw this everything changed for me. I realized there was nothing I could do on a wall that would equal what they did with pure math. In hindsight my feelings are a little different only because the demo scene got lost to history but I still respect it.

Yeah there aren't that many people on the planet that can understand the context and the parameters that these guys were stunting with just for fun.

When this shit came out I was still writing graffiti but when I saw this everything changed for me. I realized there was nothing I could do on a wall that would equal what they did with pure math. In hindsight my feelings are a little different only because the demo scene got lost to history but I still respect it.

I mean, a lot of that stuff has been archived. I can still download ST demos and play them on an emulator, and I'm pretty sure a lot of those old PC demos were archived somewhere. There's still an active demo scene for the Amiga, Atari ST, and even DOS and Windows demos.

Finally bought an electric dust blower, no thanks to @Golan 😒

It's coming in today.

I see a lot of dust caked up in important places so hopefully a good cleaning is gonna help with the crashing. I think my shit is overheating

I'm also done with smaller cases. My current desktop is using the very first case I got when I built my first PC many years ago. I think it's just not enough room in there for air to move around so I'm definitely gonna get a much larger case for the next build

I knew you could do it, champ.

1000005608.gif

Also, Fractal has some nice cases. Sexy and good airflow. I have the Meshify - C. I think they have a new version of it.

It's coming in today.

I see a lot of dust caked up in important places so hopefully a good cleaning is gonna help with the crashing. I think my shit is overheating

I'm also done with smaller cases. My current desktop is using the very first case I got when I built my first PC many years ago. I think it's just not enough room in there for air to move around so I'm definitely gonna get a much larger case for the next build
Which one you get?

@AP2.5 @konceptjones @SneakDZA @Golan

I was just looking up random shit on how to build a pc and saw this. Just added stuff to my cart to see the price and it was like 980. Is this decent? I’m not looking to have some top level shit but just to be able to play my paradox games with mods and shit like that.

Back