Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION The Best 40 Over 40

22. Jay Electronica

Now, 13 years after his mixtape Act I: The Eternal Sunshine (The Pledge), 11 years after ā€œExhibit C,ā€ 10 years after signing to Roc Nation, eight years after Jay-Z said his album is ā€œreally close,ā€ six years after telling MTV drugs and alcohol slowed him down ā€” in short, after what in hip-hop amounts to a lifetime ā€” Jay Electronica finally dropped A Written Testimony...

:hahaha:

3K and Jay Electronica shouldn't even be on the list. Pusha T is way too high too. This is a pretty interesting list and I think they probably got the right people on it with the exceptions I noted, but they gotta reshuffle a bit. I don't see how you can argue that Pusha T is top 10 in this discussion with 1 album post 40 when you have others who dropped 4 or 5 solid projects after they turned 40.

3K and Jay Electronica shouldn't even be on the list. Pusha T is way too high too. This is a pretty interesting list and I think they probably got the right people on it with the exceptions I noted, but they gotta reshuffle a bit. I don't see how you can argue that Pusha T is top 10 in this discussion with 1 album post 40 when you have others who dropped 4 or 5 solid projects after they turned 40.
Itā€™s not just projects but features also and pusha has kinda been killing it in a span of 3 years

Itā€™s not just projects but features also and pusha has kinda been killing it in a span of 3 years

Right, which is why I didn't put him in that 3K category of not even deserving to be on the list. However, just dropping some hot features here in there shouldn't put you over people who are actually putting out strong albums. He should be a lot lower in the list.

Right, which is why I didn't put him in that 3K category of not even deserving to be on the list. However, just dropping some hot features here in there shouldn't put you over people who are actually putting out strong albums. He should be a lot lower in the list.
Fair enough

I liked Crooked & Ortiz projeccts better myself

Royce def dnt have "hits"

Author jus a fan

Back