Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Teacher Lets Students Unbraid His Hair: Was This Inappropriate?

Was This Inappropriate?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oh dang I thought the poll said was this appropriate..I said no. I see now that I answered wrong.

No lie I think I could volunteer more but now my daughter in middle school. Might be in the way.
Honestly middle school is the best time to do it. I would spend the day with my oldest at that age. I would set it up with his teachers and not tell him....then surprised him the day of.

I look at it through this lense, if Abbot elementary the show is built on the belief that these are good natured people that care about the kids they are helping to cultivate in that underprivileged environment.

If the main female character who wears braids decided that when one of her students asked to unbraid her hair, was a moment of bonding between her and a student that comes from the same social background.

Then the other kids joined in as the camera zoned in on her face and she smiled because the experience warmed her heart. We empathize and see it as a touching moment.

But the preface of these people being decent and caring has already been set by the tone of the show.

To assume this to be negative would be from a preface of how society has set the belief of men, black men, and black authority figures. As people who would abuse their power, taken advantage of women, and only have devious motives behind what they do.

So I have a choice, see the possibility as men, black men, and black authority figures as being possible of having integrity, as such seeing this as a heart warming moment.

Or inappropriate grooming

Inappropriate. I'd have a problem with this if one of them was my daughter. And I'd have a problem with it if it was female teacher and one of them was my son. I'd like my child to NOT be touching their teacher in such a familiar way. And I'd like my kid's teacher to NOT invite child to touch him/her in a familiar way.

Inappropriate. I'd have a problem with this if one of them was my daughter. And I'd have a problem with it if it was female teacher and one of them was my son. I'd like my child to NOT be touching their teacher in such a familiar way. And I'd like my kid's teacher to NOT invite child to touch him/her in a familiar way.

This is where I am at. I'd appreciate there to be a boundary between teacher and student that is not crossed.

This is where I am at. I'd appreciate there to be a boundary between teacher and student that is not crossed.

And that's what people don't understand when they're talking about how good a teacher he is and how supportive he is to the kids and how not everyone isn’t a pedo. None of that really matters. Because none of it changes the fundamental touch boundary between teacher and student that I feel should be maintained, outside of like incidental contact or a fucking high five.

Last edited:
I dunno if its been mentioned...but what are the parents of those kids sayin about him? And and how do those kids feel about him? B/c imo their opinions are the only ones who matter.

If the parents have no issue wit it, and see he's been a positive influence to their kids...then everyone's opinions outside doesn't matter. And if the kids enjoy him...then hey.

But like I said...I'm curious to know how they feel

The problem is that men are trained from the age of 18 to avoid any and all intimate contact with anyone that isn't their lover or close friend.

Men are deathly afraid of being slapped with the predator label because once that happens, it's over.

So seeing a man that is willing to let children touch him in a way that most men would deem intimate is transgressive and suspicious.

But on the other hand, teachers are practically parents at this point.

These teachers see these kids more than their parents are them. Probably more impactful too, right or wrong.

Dude in the video referred to those kids as his best friends though.
I don't know no muhfuckin teacher that I could have called my best friend or even friend.

They'd have looked at me crazily.

Different times I guess
It’s always the “cool” teacher that ends up having sex with their students

From his actions to his words he used

The “cool” teacher Is always the one to look out for. Man or woman

On top his using his students for content to get paid.

Don’t like it at all

I dunno if its been mentioned...but what are the parents of those kids sayin about him? And and how do those kids feel about him? B/c imo their opinions are the only ones who matter.

If the parents have no issue wit it, and see he's been a positive influence to their kids...then everyone's opinions outside doesn't matter. And if the kids enjoy him...then hey.

But like I said...I'm curious to know how they feel

From what I've seen on those comments the parents love him and say he's been a great influence on their kids. And the kids feel the same way. That still doesn't mean that boundaries dont need to be there male or female

Dude in the video referred to those kids as his best friends though.
I don't know no muhfuckin teacher that I could have called my best friend or even friend.

They'd have looked at me crazily.

Different times I guess
I'm with you

I think at a time when you have to make teaching a subject relatable, lines get blurred and you get this kinda video

When I referee, I make it clear I'm the authority. I'm not trying to be their friend. I'll make a light joke with one of em to try and ease the tension but that's about it

From what I've seen on those comments the parents love him and say he's been a great influence on their kids. And the kids feel the same way. That still doesn't mean that boundaries dont need to be there male or female

Yeah but if THOSE parents don't have an issue...aren't their voice the only ones that matter?

Back