Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Rolling Stone puts out its “200 Greatest Hip-Hop Albums of All-Time” list….

What infuriated most me about this shit was the fact that they already ranked Illmatic as #44 Greatest album of all-time, regardless of genre, so how in the bar-for-bar fuck are there 23 more hip-hop albums better?

Screen Shot 2022-06-08 at 5.02.57 PM.png

The math is drunk and far from mathing here.

Last edited:
I'm not even mad at the list. Only because I know where and who made the list.

I felt that way until I actually saw how bad it was.

It's like when my wife said Ja Rule was the second best rapper of all time after Pac. I know she doesn't know shit about rap and only said that because Ja had all those pop hits back in the day, but still...that take was so bad it was offensive to me. lol

I felt that way until I actually saw how bad it was.

It's like when my wife said Ja Rule was the second best rapper of all time after Pac. I know she doesn't know shit about rap and only said that because Ja had all those pop hits back in the day, but still...that take was so bad it was offensive to me. lol
True. I have to go and look at the list again. I know you have to at some of the new projects that came out in the past couple of years, but some of them have no right to be up there.

I did some more digging.

I just said that that RS ranked Illmatic #44 on their greatest albums list, but 24 on the hip-hop list, right?

Look at what they did to The Chronic:

Screen Shot 2022-06-08 at 5.09.47 PM.png
This is from the "Greatest" Albums of all-time list......

This is where it ended up on the Hip-Hop List....

Screen Shot 2022-06-08 at 5.11.24 PM.png

Man, fuck ALL the way outta here. This shit officially has no credibly.

Back