Welcome To aBlackWeb

Just seen it, I thought it was dope. I feel like because I’m not well versed in Indian history and politics, it likely didn’t have the intended impact on me. That said, it was still enjoyable, the action was dope. Not John Wick dope, but only because John Wick did it first. I was also a little confused on the connection between his mother and the chief.

It was a good revenge tale, though.

Just seen it, I thought it was dope. I feel like because I’m not well versed in Indian history and politics, it likely didn’t have the intended impact on me. That said, it was still enjoyable, the action was dope. Not John Wick dope, but only because John Wick did it first. I was also a little confused on the connection between his mother and the chief.

It was a good revenge tale, though.
I'm glad I wasn't the only one. For the longest time during the movie I missed some details in the beginning to explain the connection. They certainly took awhile to explain the reason why he was going after these people

Also the training scene could have been shorter IMO. I agree that it kind of dragged in the middle

I didn't really get that much of a John Wick vibe though. He's just fighting dudes bare handed most of the time

Manic Monkey

PRAISE: This story about loss,revenge and enlightenment works for the most part due to some great performances and well choreographed fight scenes. The story is about Kid who attempts to make money in a fight club but determined to infiltrate a sinister group to avenge his mother's death. Dev Patel turns in an unflinching performance as well as writing, producing, and Directing the film. His script provides a little bit of everything as Kid plots his revenge but also finds himself face to face with colorful characters portrayed by Sharlto Copley, Pitobash, Vipin Sharma,Sobhita Dhulipala and Ashwini Kalsekar. There's nothing quite like the salty dialogue in the film when its said with an Indian tongue. There's some very intense fighting and I can see why Patel broke some bones while filming and being a part of these sequences. I appreciated the unique kills in the movie.

PROBLEMS: The political sections of the story felt jumbled to me.While I appreciated and understood the placement of the Ayahuasca and getting in touch with your spiritual side,training moments in the movie but this is also when the movie starts to stall and the script feels a bit to drawn out.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 7

Back