Welcome To aBlackWeb

Lil Wayne joins Roc Nation. The “Best Rapper Alive” may soon get his cash money.

Race Jones

gangster. grace. alchemy
Despite their complicated history as competitors who have often taken shots at one another over the years, it appears Jay Z and Lil Wayne may be joining forces at Roc Nation.

It appears that there may be a powerful new development in Wayne’s career. The MC made a big announcement this week at Slippery Rock University in western Pennsylvania. There, the onetime Hot Boys member told show-goers that he has joined Roc Nation.

“Is it cool if I just say it? It’s the Roc,” Wayne proclaims in the video. “You know I’m a member of that team now.”

If Wayne has joined Jay Z’s management and record company, he would link with past collaborators such as The LOX, Jim Jones, Fabolous, Big Sean, and Fat Joe.

The two leading MCs working together again is not a sudden development. During Wayne’s legal battle with CMR, Jay Z’s Tidal stepped in as a home for a Wayne project, Free Weezy. That was the subject of a cease-and-desist letter from Cash Money, attached to a $50 million lawsuit, just days after Weezy was announced as possessing an ownership stake in the streaming platform (as T.I. would do later).

Additionally, Wayne’s longtime manager Cortez Bryant co-founded The Blueprint Group with Gee Roberson and Kyambo “Hip Hop” Joshua in 2007. The latter two of the company were longtime Roc-A-Fella Records employees, serving in A&R and production company capacities.

Whatever-gif.gif

Race, real talk

You still checking for Wayne?

thats like asking if Im still checking for Nas or any other rapper that hasnt dropped a project in years.

shit Im still checking for Jay electronica

It's not the same but have a great evening dear

I have a feeling this is exclusively a management deal. With this being a personal situation and a money situation between wayne and birdman, i doubt Birdman would sell Waynes contract to Jay. Unless it was a shitload more than the contract is worth.

Back