Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Legend or Vet: Black Thought

Legend or Vet: Black Thought

• Legend

• Vet

Results are only viewable after voting.
So 3000 not a legend? Plug One of De La not a legend?

Its a tough one, I see your point and dont necessarily disagree...

Though 3K being part of a duo is different to a group, sounds strange but for me duos are regarded almost the same a solo artists...

As much as I love The Roots, they are a legendary group as are De La but does this make the members legends by default without being accomplished solo artists???

Pos is a hugely underrated MC to me personally, I think hes dope as fck deserves more props as an MC... His 'First Serve' album was dope but as a solo artist I wouldnt say hes a legend but as a hip hop figure it goes without saying him and Black Thought are legendary figures, as both De La and The Roots are bonafide GOAT groups... if that makes sense, which is prolly doesnt lol

I would also say De La actually had more of an impact than The Roots too for their time... De La transcend genres, like you can see them at festivals all across the world...

Last edited:
So by the Outkast/Andre 3000 logic Black Thought Roots albums should count as Black Thought albums am I right?

Its a tough one, I see your point and dont necessarily disagree...

Though 3K being part of a duo is different to a group, sounds strange but for me duos are regarded almost the same a solo artists...

As much as I love The Roots, they are a legendary group as are De La but does this make the members legends by default without being accomplished solo artists???

Pos is a hugely underrated MC to me personally, I think hes dope as fck deserves more props as an MC... His 'First Serve' album was dope but as a solo artist I wouldnt say hes a legend but as a hip hop figure it goes without saying him and Black Thought are legendary figures, as both De La and The Roots are bonafide GOAT groups... if that makes sense, which is prolly doesnt lol

I would also say De La actually had more of an impact than The Roots too for their time... De La transcend genres, like you can see them at festivals all across the world...

51c.gif

Maaan yall trippin’ lol

Acting like Black Thought wasn’t tha main MC on all of tha Roots 10+ albums even when Malik B was with tha group…

Thought has always had tha majority of solo songs on every Roots album plus he’s put out HIP HOP EP’s/mixtapes as well as guest feature verses and notable freestyles…not to mention bein’ known as having some of tha best live performances ever

If you didn’t fuck wit Thought that’s cool…everybody ain’t for everybody but to act like he was hiding in a group or was just 1 of “however many MC’s” in a legendary group is a def a false narrative

Back