Welcome To aBlackWeb

FINALS: ABW Mortal Kombat: R&B edition Kandy vs TheMasterKey (Kandy Wins)

6) Timeless Record

7) Live Performance

giphy.gif

1. Sensual/Sexual Song

2. Chorus/Hook of a rap record

3. Dealing with a bad/ messy break up

4. Duet or feat with someone from your Roster or opponents Roster.

5. Dance Record

Last edited:
Hardest choice for me is theme 4 so far.

Theme 2 is tighter than dick skin pause

Question 1: Goldie clearly.......woman's worth took this shit easy imo
Question 2: Kandy easy......I thought she would go with if i ruled the world....but this is just as iconic
Question 3: Goldie.....this one was tough....like really tough......I went with woman's fed up.
Question 4: Goldie......Better song, and they sound better together imo
Question 5: Kandy....super easy.....plus i loathe everything Kelz did with the step music.....i posted this in the unpopular opinion thread
Question 6: Kandy.....Kinda tough to go against killing me softly....

Question 7: While I love the spontaneous crowd participation of tyrone, and i was 100% prepared to give this right to Goldie.....as soon as i saw what Kandy posted my jaw dropped.......Beyonce and Kendrick killed that shit...that water on the stage effect still blows me away....like how does no one die??

Winner 4-3 Kandy..........

Great battle...only questionable picks imo....
#1 for kandy.....woman's worth is a monster track......but i think how does it feel would have stacked up better....

#3 for kandy.....ex-factor is such a pretty song it's tough to relate it to a break up... yes the words are clearly there..... but i felt the melody of the song didn't sound as bluesy to me....if that's a word.....

#6 for goldie.....so many other directions you coulda went.......but killing me softly is still a beast to beat......come and talk to me is my favorite jodeci song of all time though.....i might have went with that off of nostalgia......

I score it 67-66 and the winner is Kandy

r1: kandy = 10-9
r2: Kandy = 20-18
r3: Goldie = 29-28
r4: kandy = 39-37
r5: Goldie = 48-47
r6: Kandy = 58-56
r7: Goldie = 67-66

Just wanna say, moving forward, i hope all the finals matchups for these competitions are just as good. They both really set the bar high with this contest. With that said

I score it 4-3 Goldie. I had many of the same criticisms as Du, and it literally came down to one song that i felt had the slight edge over the other one

really was the best competition by far

Great battle...only questionable picks imo....
#1 for kandy.....woman's worth is a monster track......but i think how does it feel would have stacked up better....

#3 for kandy.....ex-factor is such a pretty song it's tough to relate it to a break up... yes the words are clearly there..... but i felt the melody of the song didn't sound as bluesy to me....if that's a word.....

#6 for goldie.....so many other directions you coulda went.......but killing me softly is still a beast to beat......come and talk to me is my favorite jodeci song of all time though.....i might have went with that off of nostalgia......
1. D'Angelo sings untitled. I don't have D'Angelo.

#2 is a bitch and I should never have used it in this group

I'm 3-3 at the moment

judah & ap have it goldie
josh & du have it kandy

shit's down to the wire

1. D'Angelo sings untitled. I don't have D'Angelo.
i don't know why i thought u had dangelo....

my bad....either way woman's worth is damn near impossible to beat....i still had you winning though..so it's trivial at this point.....great choice on the last song.......damn near anything else, and i woulda gave it to goldie....

Back