Welcome To aBlackWeb

Fair Or Foul (High School Sports Edition)

Yea but other dude shouldn't be on the court for that to happen.

I watched it a few times. It looked like dude was in the refs face recording him on his phone.

Maybe outside you can swing on him, but as a ref, you can't just swing on mfs on the clock.

I watched it a few times. It looked like dude was in the refs face recording him on his phone.

Maybe outside you can swing on him, but as a ref, you can't just swing on mfs on the clock.
yea, but dude shouldnt be in his "office"

I know what type of basketball culture that was. I despise as a coach when I see it

He was all in the refs face with a phone pointing his hand all his face.

Get your ass back or get popped

I would be highly upset my disgusted jumping in a fight against a grown man at that young age over nothing

Seems pretty clear the referee swung first. This seems pretty cut and dry.

My first thought was...
Why how and in what world would this be fair

But after seeing that the ref swung first, this is fair.

Either way, this could've and should've been handled better by all parties involved.

Ok, I'ma answer this in 2 parts

1. These parents will antagonize tf outta you.

They truly think that part of basketball is having the ability to be a fan and give officials shit. It's a rite of passage to be an asshole to officials. Officials aren't perfect but a lot of these parents are too invested and living through these kids.

As an official you do have to show a lot of restraint and it's really easy to find yourself going back and forth with a dumb ass fan that thinks they know the actual rules to basketball vs how they played in the park when they were younger.

I do see a situation where that fan had been talking shit to and about that ref the entire game, then proceeds to get in his face to record him after the game, probably threatening to call whoever assigned him that game. And don't let them be trying to go live and now the disrespect is getting worse cause they have an audience.

Which leads to my next post

Last edited:
2. The official should've gotten the authorities if they were on site. If they didn't have authorities, he probably shouldn't have been out there but I assume they had security.

But again, I don't know what was said to trigger the reaction. Probably thought he need to try to get the first lick cause shit was about to go left, which it actually did.

I've had a few situations people were "threatening" to call the assigner. Coaches love doing this as well. We have to give them cards with our names on it before the game. I've never had a fan actually threaten me. I usually try to take the air out the interaction with a joke just to show them how silly they are acting over some pissy basketball. This works surprisingly a lot. They talk to officials that way cause they think we are told to not say anything back.

This not the NBA whoadie. I'll say something back and then get you thrown out, now you gotta take that walk of shame in front of everyone.

This only happens when all my previous attempts to diffuse the situation have failed.

TL;Dr

Parents are idiots and all of them think their kid is their meal ticket. They spend more time berating officials vs encouraging their kids.

A parent will call me horrible. I'll say "excuse me... how many turnovers do I have? How many FTs or wide open layups did I miss? None? Then it's not my fault y'all loss." 🤷🏾‍♂️

Last edited:
Back