Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Aye, how do I get out of jury duty??

Gonna have to wait till you get selected to be a potential jury member. Once they start asking questions just seem as disinterested in the whole thing as possible. The last thing both sides wants is a jury member that they can't get a read on that shows no indication if they'll rule in their cases favor.

Pack a Kindle or sum too, that wait is woat.

Don't try to get out of it. Depending on the crime, serving on a jury can be really interesting. It also allows you to do your small part to make sure that the justice system works as intended.

I found myself on a jury, being the ONLY black person, and the dude on trial was also black and charged with several violent crimes. I said to myself, 'I'ma make sure they don't railroad this young nigga!'.

It became clear very early on, however.....that the nigga was guilty as sin. Lol.

Don't try to get out of it. Depending on the crime, serving on a jury can be really interesting. It also allows you to do your small part to make sure that the justice system works as intended.

I found myself on a jury, being the ONLY black person, and the dude on trial was also black and charged with several violent crimes. I said to myself, 'I'ma make sure they don't railroad this young nigga!'.

It became clear very early on, however.....that the nigga was guilty as sin. Lol.
So basically you wasted your time

Tell ‘em you’re a caretaker for a sibling, parent or kids and can’t take this and they’ll excuse you

I went and didn't get picked. Missed one full day of work and a half day and I just went home afterwards.

IIRC, in MI I was able to pass on it once or twice. Just had to call 'em and tell 'em I declined that one or some shit like that. By the time my name came up again I wasn't living in that county any more so I told 'em to stay the fuck outta my mailbox... respectfully.

The easiest way is to just have it postponed. I think the most you can have it pushed back is 6 months. You can do it all online.

As far as getting out of it completely. I swear they want people that live under rocks with no internet. At most you'll lose a day going on for the initial survey.

I tell my friends to have strong opinions on shit, even on topics they normally wouldn't care about. Come off as biased as possible, lol.

That being said, I have friends and family members that love serving and get chosen often. They really can't get enough of it. Blows my mind.

Last edited:
Back