Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION 10 Years Later - Jay-Z & Kanye West Watch The Throne

Classic

Fun fact: This is last album in history by the artist we knew as Kanye West. He died shortly thereafter, to be reincarnated into Koonye Kardashian-Trump, the world's most self-hating man.

RIP Brother West 🙏🏽

Distant Relatives >>>>>>
Amazing and underrated
giphy.gif
Really??? Wow. Was it too dark for you or what?

“ some rappers heard Weezy and I were coming w an album, and decided to record and release theirs “

Some great singles but overall it still falls short. Jay & Kanye began their decline quality wise around this point and I blame this album.

My favorite discussion about the album:

"We want rappers to scream their pain and whisper their success. It's wrong and it's ass backwards."

RIP Jasfly. When Watch The Throne dropped, there were alot of people criticizing it as "luxury rap" with this idea that Ye and Hov rapping about their money was unrelatable and how they were out of touch with the culture. The average rapper talking about racks, bands, and Bugattis was ok but Jay and Kanye talking about breaking financial glass ceilings through Hip Hop and turning a Maybach into a hotrod was snobbish and condescending.

I think time has shown that there was some validity and some absurdity with Hov and Ye went in different directions content wise over the next 10 years.

Back