Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED The End of 'Inside The NBA'?

test

Goldie

and Baka's got a weird case, why is he around??
Site Owner
The NBA hasn’t officially announced which network won the bidding war to secure the right to broadcast the league’s games, but it sounds like NBC has reigned supreme and Inside the NBA is on the verge of ending based on what Bill Simmons had to say about the matter.

There are plenty of basketball fans who have never lived in a world where TNT didn’t have the rights to broadcast NBA games, as Turner Sports has had a relationship with the league for over 35 years courtesy of the deal that’s remained in place since it started airing contests all the way back in 1988.

That contract went into effect a couple of years before NBC got in on the action to kick off the “Roundball Rock” Era that spanned from 1990 to 2002. The network was eventually boxed out by ABC and ESPN, but the powers that be decided to throw their hat back into the ring in the hopes of reclaiming the NBA when the current broadcast deal expires at the end of the 2024-25 season.

Earlier this month, we learned that NBC was willing to pony up $2.5 billion to secure NBA broadcasting rights, which meant Warner Bros. Discovery (TNT’s parent company) needed to fork over $2.8 billion if it wanted to win the bidding war.

There hasn’t been any official announcement concerning the victor, but during the most recent episode of The Bill Simmons Podcast, the eponymous host asserted NBC came out on top around the 1:44:00 mark, saying:

“One of the funniest things ever is that we’re all pretending the TV deal wasn’t done like a week-and-a-half ago…

I think it’s done. I think Warner already lost it. I don’t know why we’re waiting til after the playoffs. Maybe that’s how they have to do it, but it’s a wrap. NBC’s getting it.”

If TNT did, in fact, lose to NBC, the biggest losers are probably fans of the beloved Inside the NBA, which is poised to cease to exist once the current contract expires.

With any luck they can get the gang and move em over to USA Network. Rumor is NBC Universal will have Thursday night games on there.

Gotta keep them guys together man. But I'm Ssure NBC is gonna wanna put their own people in a similar role. It won't be the same tho.

Inside the nba jumped the shark about a decade ago so I’m not part of the camp that thinks it’s the greatest studio show ever. It has its moments but it’s mostly over stupid and unnecessary shit for the most part

It’s gonna suck to not watch the nba on tnt after next season. I’ve been watching the nba on a Turner network since the 1990s. The main reason I would watch tbs and tnt was because of the nba

I do feel bad for the people behind the scenes in studio j. What happens to them if nbc does indeed take over their package and what happens to the horrific NBA tv? A lot of changes happening after next season

All good things come to an end.

And tbh I miss NBA on NBC Saturdays and Sundays. Sorry.

I do hope if tnt is out that the guys land on Amazon or NBC.

And why tf is bill Simmons talking? He was supposed to be the guy but he fumbled the fuck out his shit. Why we still gotta hear from him.

With any luck they can get the gang and move em over to USA Network. Rumor is NBC Universal will have Thursday night games on there.

They can do Tuesday games on USA if they wanted since NXT is moving to CW in October

Inside the nba jumped the shark about a decade ago so I’m not part of the camp that thinks it’s the greatest studio show ever. It has its moments but it’s mostly over stupid and unnecessary shit for the most part

It’s gonna suck to not watch the nba on tnt after next season. I’ve been watching the nba on a Turner network since the 1990s. The main reason I would watch tbs and tnt was because of the nba

I do feel bad for the people behind the scenes in studio j. What happens to them if nbc does indeed take over their package and what happens to the horrific NBA tv? A lot of changes happening after next season

It wouldn’t surprise me if producing shows for NBA TV was part of the deal for NBC to buy back into NBA coverage.

Back