Welcome To aBlackWeb

Your Thoughts On Spending Billions/Trillions To Fund Space Travel?

5 Grand

Old School Godfather
Oops wrong forum. Can somebody move this to the Cool Table?

Here's a song Gil Scott Heron released in 1970 called Whitey On The Moon. The entire album is called Small Talk @ 125th and Lennox and is one of the first rap albums.

They gonna leave the poor here. Lol it's gonna become like Gundam Earth vs the colonies.

If they have so much money to fund space travel, how can people be poor and starving?

Or, is it all about going to college and hard work? If you do good in school and stay away from criminal activity you too can be an astronaut?

It's going to become necessary at some point to find another planet to live on. Might as well get the ball rolling on it in advance. There's only so much space on Earth and we're currently destroying it.

I'm not gonna wade into the philosophical shit, like why we're here, whether there's life on other planets and what that might mean for our understanding of our place in the universe. I care more about what's truly pragmatic for humans.

I'm in the camp that says both can be done. U can fund NASA and fund issues closer to home. I'd point fingers at more problematic things first. like the insane amounts we pump into the war machine. Or the political and economic systems perpetuating mass poverty. Space travel isn't to blame.

They gonna leave the poor here. Lol it's gonna become like Gundam Earth vs the colonies.
Good fucking riddance, hurry up and get off the planet you fucks, but they haven't killed this one enough yet so we gotta deal with them cocksuckers for longer.

LEAVE ALREADY
Not you, them.

It's going to become necessary at some point to find another planet to live on. Might as well get the ball rolling on it in advance. There's only so much space on Earth and we're currently destroying it.

I'm not gonna wade into the philosophical shit, like why we're here, whether there's life on other planets and what that might mean for our understanding of our place in the universe. I care more about what's truly pragmatic for humans.

I'm in the camp that says both can be done. U can fund NASA and fund issues closer to home. I'd point fingers at more problematic things first. like the insane amounts we pump into the war machine. Or the political and economic systems perpetuating mass poverty. Space travel isn't to blame.

I mean there's tons of space for people to live in places like The Midwest, or Canada, or Africa.

I don't think we're running out of space. Not in the near future anyway (say within the next 100 years).

All it takes is another world war and the human population can drop dramatically. You could probably kill off a billion people in the next world war.

I've always wondered about the possibility of picking up an Iceberg or a cargo ship full of spring water and taking it to The Moon. And if you picked up an Iceberg or a cargo ship full of spring water and removed it from the Earth, what kind of effect would it have on The Earth itself?

Anyway, as far as space travel goes, The Moon is the closest celestial body so it would make sense to try to colonize that first. If we can't do that then exploring the rest of space seems like a colossal waste of time.

If they have so much money to fund space travel, how can people be poor and starving?

Or, is it all about going to college and hard work? If you do good in school and stay away from criminal activity you too can be an astronaut?
They're not important and they don't want to. I think a handful of billionaires can alleviate the poor or homeless problem but they rather rent out a stadium to record albums or take a joy ride into space lol. If it don't affect them or the money flow 🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

As far as colonizing other planets, we’re so far off from that I’m not even concerned about it. And I don’t think these little 4 minute flights to the edge of space are meaningful. Why are we celebrating that if we’ve already been to the moon?

Unless we haven’t.

AC81EDE7-46E1-4B3A-968A-EDF72717B4FD.gif

I mean there's tons of space for people to live in places like The Midwest, or Canada, or Africa.

I don't think we're running out of space. Not in the near future anyway (say within the next 100 years).

All it takes is another world war and the human population can drop dramatically. You could probably kill off a billion people in the next world war.

I've always wondered about the possibility of picking up an Iceberg or a cargo ship full of spring water and taking it to The Moon. And if you picked up an Iceberg or a cargo ship full of spring water and removed it from the Earth, what kind of effect would it have on The Earth itself?

Anyway, as far as space travel goes, The Moon is the closest celestial body so it would make sense to try to colonize that first. If we can't do that then exploring the rest of space seems like a colossal waste of time.

NASA's been planning a space station to orbit the moon. But Mars has more valuable resources and is better suited for life (water, sunlight, atmosphere, gravity, etc).

A colony on Mars will likely happen in our lifetime. Even baby steps require stupid amounts of time, effort and money.

A colony on The Moon would make more sense. It's closer. It's always closer. Mars revolves around the Sun at a different rate/speed than Earth. Earth could be on one side of The Sun while Mars could be on the other side. At least The Moon revolves around Earth so it's always 240,000 miles away. It only takes 3 days for a spacecraft to get to the Moon.

Back