Write the script/story for the sequel of: Above The Rim

Elzo69Renaissance

These scars are the only real proof they could not
Dec 27, 2017
In this series, we ll be coming up with stories or ideas for sequels of our favorite movies….here goes the first attempt

In Above the Rim 2, it opens with Kyle putting in work in the NBA and injuring his knee… Kyle is forced to retire from the league and decides to return to his roots in Harlem to do some good the same way Tom did for him…

Back in NYC , Kyle goes to visit Boogaloo who is serving time up north for bodying Birdie to not only get his revenge but to save Kyle and Tom as Birdie put a hit out on them after the tournament… Boogaloo tells Kyle he has a son he had with one of birdies Thot who is in danger of being lost to the streets even tho he is supremely talented in bball…Kyle meets the child and fights through obstacles to turn his life around and back on the right path

Not a bad idea, but basically the original with characters transposed.

I’d say have Kyle be a very accomplished, retired NBA player who’s son is a very popular high school player, a la Lebron/Bronny, Dwayne/Zaire, Shaq/Shareef. Show the struggles of that life on a kid that just wants to have fun but feels forced to live up to Dad’s hype. I’m not a writer so they’d have to do something differently to make it interesting.

Or make it brand new with no returning characters. Center it around someone that’s a Mikey type who’s navigating today’s basketball world.

Idk, that’s all I can come up with.