Welcome To aBlackWeb

Would you become an ordained minister to marry your friend?

Duwop

You're the target, not the victim 🧐
Mod Squad
Like say one of your friends came to you like that really love and respect your opinion and judgement and would be honored if you would marry them.... Offered to pay for the shit n everything.

Would you do it?

Only thing is do I go thru my church, or on my own?

My pastor talked about that path with me before. He's had me in his classes, let me speak and break shit down I've studied in front of the congregation.

But I still cuss, drink, smoke....I wasn't ready to commit to that kind of agreement knowing I'm still doing me.

I'd do it but if it took more than 12 hours of my time to go through the process of getting ordained I'd be a lil pissy. Lol. Like that better be a 1-2 day visit to the church max.

Only thing is do I go thru my church, or on my own?

My pastor talked about that path with me before. He's had me in his classes, let me speak and break shit down I've studied in front of the congregation.

But I still cuss, drink, smoke....I wasn't ready to commit to that kind of agreement knowing I'm still doing me.

Damn this is a good question, and now that I think about it, maybe I misunderstood. From what I know, it's just like an online thing you can take to get licensed through the state to legally marry people. In terms of the religious aspect of it, like getting 'licensed' or whatever through the church, I prolly wouldn't be down for that.

I dunno if I'm even using the right words but y'all know what I mean.

Last edited:
Damn this is a good nation, and now that I think about it, maybe I misunderstood. From what I know, it's just like an online thing you can take to get licensed through the state to legally marry people. In terms of the religious aspect of it, like getting 'licensed' or whatever through the church, I prolly wouldn't be down for that.

I dunno if I'm even using the right words but y'all know what I mean.
Thing is, I'm good friends with many ministers. Like daily texts n shit....
. Would they feel slighted if I go get my shit just to perform weddings and not take the path they offered for me on occasion...

Man... This too heavy now. I dunno

Thing is, I'm good friends with many ministers. Like daily texts n shit....
. Would they feel slighted if I go get my shit just to perform weddings and not take the path they offered for me on occasion...

Man... This too heavy now. I dunno

Yeah, I'm not even friends with any ministers at all, but I'd feel the same way. Like I don't go to church at all, and - while I believe in God - my relationship with Christianity as an organized religion is tenuous at best. But I respect the shit so I'd kinda feel disrespectful by saying some words I don't really mean and committing myself to something I don't really fuck with like that, in order to do what amounts to a favor for a friend.

Then again, if you really friends with ministers and shit, they know your heart and what not, so I dunno, man.

What are the options? Like I don't want christian, muslim, bhudist, jew, animist, satanist or all the ones I forgot. But after that, why not?

But they better not get divorced otherwise I get to give them each 20 lashes with a cat-o-nine tails for wasting my time.

I know i spelled budhist wrong but those guys should just be happy I included them.

Damn i still can't spell that shit,

Back