Welcome To aBlackWeb

Work Out, Get Fit Thread

The hardest part is eating habit tho

yep. What I've also learned is that stress contributes to weight gain. Last year my weight shot up 40lbs in the space of 3-4 months while I was trying to find a house. I dropped about 18lbs from my surgery thanks to the liquid diet, but it shot straight back up not long after. Apparently stress releases cortisol into your bloodstream and that causes you overindulge in fatty and sweet food.

I believe that's why it was so hard to maintain that diet. I'm sittin off stressed out over fuckin food and the cravings for the shit my kids were able to eat was just crazy as fuck. Regular shit like baked chicken, mac and cheese, and steamed vegetables would have me like "I can eat a lil of that mac and cheese and it'll be ok", but nope... 'can't have that shit. Or like when we had coneys and chili cheese fries and my ass couldn't eat none of that shit (well, I could have the hotdog but no chili or chili cheese fries).

Fuck that. Food shouldn't be stressful

I'm controlling my portions so I can have shit I enjoy without overindulging.

In about two weeks it'll have been exactly one year since I had my hernia surgery. Shit was poppin out through my navel. Got stuck more than a few times but twice I ended up hospitalized for it. The last time I had to stay overnight drugged up 'cause of the pain. The doc that came in to see me in the morning set me up for surgery and about 6 weeks later I was laid up in the OR with some cat talmbout "count backwards from 5". Six weeks with no lifting and the first week on a liquid diet. Glad I had it done 'cause the pain when that shit got stuck popped out was incredibly intense. I ain't trying to have that shit happen again.
Luckily mine didn’t get that difficult. When I laid on my back I could push it back in with no problem. Of course once I stood up again it would push back out.

Man fuck that keto shit and the rest of the nonsense

I'll tell you like this....

The biggest factor in weight loss is calories in vs calories out.

Eat lean protein cooked in a healthy manner because protein is the most satiating macro you can eat

Stay away from calorie dense foods, sugary drinks and read nutrition labels to find out how many calories per serving

Eat lean protein cooked in a healthy manner because protein is the most satiating macro you can eat

Stay away from calorie dense foods, sugary drinks and read nutrition labels to find out how many calories per serving

Bruh, I can't even do pop anymore thanks to keto. First thing I did when I quit was roll to the spot to cop a bottle of my favorite: Faygo Arctic Sun. I barely got through it 'cause it tasted so damned sweet. Shit hurt my soul 'cause that's the only flavor of Faygo that doesn't have artificial sweeteners in it (making it the only one I can still drink).

Breakfast is still steak and eggs with raspberries and blackberries on the side (go ahead... talk y'alls shit, I had to break down and buy some fuckin eggs at these high ass prices even after saying I wouldn't!). Lunch is usually leftovers or tuna or chicken over a salad. Dinner is usually where the higher calories come into play.

Working out is a lot harder now 'cause I weigh so damned much that I'm constantly sore after even moderate shit but I'm trying to stay with it.

Yea discipline plays a factor

Any of y’all tried fairlife protein shake?

Garden of Life >>>>>>>>>> others.

Uses protein derived from plants instead of whey, so if you're lactose intolerant it won't fuck you up, and it doesn't use artificial sweeteners (they fuck your body up and promote weight gain).

I need to get back on their meal replacement soon. used to have that plus one or to pieces of sausage or ham for breakfast and every other day for lunch.

Decided I'm officially starting today to get in shape. Not even to look good, but to just be healthy.

Just came back from shopping and damn, sparkling water has come a long way since the 90s. This shit is actually good. My biggest vice is coke, but I can fuck with this shit.

Back