Welcome To aBlackWeb

Work Out, Get Fit Thread

Bruh wtf are you talking about? You dont need to walk around the whole locker room butt ass naked to take a shower. Put a towel on till you hop in

Prolly a generational thing. When I was a kid, that's how we had to take showers after gym, at camp, at the Y, etc. I think they stopped that in the 90's or 2000's. Shit doesn't bother me 'cause that's how we grew up and I ain't checkin' for no dudes in the first place.

7.png

Prolly a generational thing. When I was a kid, that's how we had to take showers after gym, at camp, at the Y, etc. I think they stopped that in the 90's or 2000's. Shit doesn't bother me 'cause that's how we grew up and I ain't checkin' for no dudes in the first place.

7.png
Facts lol gotta be because I be chillen and be startled

We ain’t shower at school cuz then shits was old and nasty

Aiight. My weight last week when I started this Keto and IF bullshit was 310.x
My weight as of this morning is 293.0.

This is with very inconsistent exercise. I also cut out alcohol for the week.

Keto really got me stressin' tho 'cause I want some damned fries and potato chips in my life. The no beer or liquor thing is also shitty.

Going into this next week I'm gonna try to work out more consistently to see if I drop more by next Friday.

Keto really got me stressin' tho 'cause I want some damned fries and potato chips in my life. The no beer or liquor thing is also shitty.

Going into this next week I'm gonna try to work out more consistently to see if I drop more by next Friday.
I was on that like two years ago and saw major gains in a very short time frame. Only thing is, I went so hard with it that when I stumbled, it was damn near impossible to hop back to it.

I do IF and was working out 5/6 days and lost 16 pounds. I fell off in early February though but maintained the weight I lost. I’m back on it.

I had hernia surgery about 3 weeks ago. Doc said I can’t lift heavy for another 3-5 weeks, smh. I was benching and squatting heavier than ever beforehand too.

Now I’m starting slow with bodyweight exercises until I can lift again. Honestly though, I think I’m going to focus on strictly weight loss. I’ll still lift, but I’m not going to set a goal of lifting “x” weight anymore.

I had hernia surgery about 3 weeks ago. Doc said I can’t lift heavy for another 3-5 weeks, smh. I was benching and squatting heavier than ever beforehand too.

Now I’m starting slow with bodyweight exercises until I can lift again. Honestly though, I think I’m going to focus on strictly weight loss. I’ll still lift, but I’m not going to set a goal of lifting “x” weight anymore.
What was going on when you decided to get checked for a hernia?

calories in vs calories out

What was going on when you decided to get checked for a hernia?
Lost a little weight and lump became a bit more prominent. Until then thought it was just a pocket of fat. Started really paying attention to it and knew it shouldn’t be there.

I had it for a few years and didn’t even realize it. If I would stand or walk for long periods of time I’d get this slight but nagging pain in my groin but thought I was just getting old.

In about two weeks it'll have been exactly one year since I had my hernia surgery. Shit was poppin out through my navel. Got stuck more than a few times but twice I ended up hospitalized for it. The last time I had to stay overnight drugged up 'cause of the pain. The doc that came in to see me in the morning set me up for surgery and about 6 weeks later I was laid up in the OR with some cat talmbout "count backwards from 5". Six weeks with no lifting and the first week on a liquid diet. Glad I had it done 'cause the pain when that shit got stuck popped out was incredibly intense. I ain't trying to have that shit happen again.

Came off Keto. I had to, shit was beyond stressful. Can't eat out while me and the kids are roaming about the area. Eatin' salad and shit for lunch and dinner while my kids get to eat actually good tasting food. On top of that, I have no idea how much I've lost or how much I weighed in the beginning. I was getting inconsistent reading from my scale and when I moved it, I found a thin bottlecap from a bottle of water underneath one side of it. Without that under there, I'm weighing heavier, meaning that cap was screwing with the numbers I was seeing.

I'm not giving up on everything though. Still eating a keto breakfast, I can't drink pop at all anymore after not having any for so long. Shit is entirely too sweet. Not drinking energy drinks either. I have a can of caffeinated sparkling water every morning along with a b-complex vitamin and that's pretty much my morning boost now. Still on IF but I'm more relaxed with it. To compensate, I've added more cardio time to my daily routine and more time on my exercise machine. Still trying to drop this tonnage by the summer.

Back