Welcome To aBlackWeb

Women Who Refuse To Take The Man's Last Name After Marriage

Exactly, it'll become more widespread as time goes on. There's a stay at home dad on the ic right now matter of fact.

Also, lol at "bcum", shits funny b
any1 invited him yet? i bet they say mean things to him lol
I'll take it a step further, men are more useful in the nurturing equation when raising children than women.
then shldnt ther be more stay at home dads?

any1 invited him yet? i bet they say mean things to him lol

then shldnt ther be more stay at home dads?

No that's a false equivalent. Stay at home parenting should be done for education or a traveling job of one parent.

When it comes to parenting, the father has a greater impact. The mother is there to showcase a positive relationship to the child and what a woman should be.

No that's a false equivalent. Stay at home parenting should be done for education or a traveling job of one parent.

When it comes to parenting, the father has a greater impact. The mother is there to showcase a positive relationship to the child and what a woman should be.
surely u jest

Did the site owner just bow out of an argument?

Naw, I don't believe it

Bumping now that we got more women around
';.'
@MissK
@Reesey
@Race Jones
@Bandida
@Blactivity
@atribecalledGabi
and anyone who hasn't participated yet :) interesting topic

Hey Loves,

Super late post. but err uh... Short and sweet.
Men are King, PERIOD and Kings are territorial. To lay claim to what is theirs they give you their last name. As he would and should his children. I think it is very disrespectful for a woman to marry a man and not take his last name. If you have a family name that you would like to carry as well then hyphenate it with your HUSBAND's name.

No man should ever have to feel the burn of not having his children carry his name. No excuse. "I was mad at him, we broke up for a little while" etc etc.. that's petty ish if you ask me. People go through things but that is not reason to make a lifelong decision regarding his child.

However, if he is not in the position as King and not doing what he is supposed to as a father, perhaps he vamped on you as soon as you found out you were preggo, wants nothing to do with you or his child etc. he should not feel entitled to the perks of said title.
Be King, get King perks. But a dirtbag, get dirtbag perks.

Hey Loves,

Men are King, PERIOD and Kings are territorial. To lay claim to what is theirs they give you their last name. As he would and should his children. I think it is very disrespectful for a woman to marry a man and not take his last name. If you have a family name that you would like to carry as well then hyphenate it with your HUSBAND's name.

No man should ever have to feel the burn of not having his children carry his name. No excuse. "I was mad at him, we broke up for a little while" etc etc.. that's petty ish if you ask me. People go through things but that is not reason to make a lifelong decision regarding his child.

However, if he is not in the position as King and not doing what he is supposed to as a father, perhaps he vamped on you as soon as you found out you were preggo, wants nothing to do with you or his child etc. he should not feel entitled to the perks of said title.

Men are king?
giphy (3).gif

all yall single niggaz in here arguing while married niggaz with the same last name like

giphy.gif

Lol..Yes love... are they not? Do you not consider yourself a Queen? If so, would your counterpart be anything less than a King?

Or have you been mixing your royalty with the Jokers out there? No diss.. many of us have, before we learned our worth.

I dont consider myself to be a queen.
I also dont view men as kings.

I did back in my hotep days tho.

Calling men King n women Queen is something I seen only on the internet till like last week when a man I was talking to used it in person.

Hey Loves,

Thank you for coming in n explaining ur POV love.

Calling men King n women Queen is something I seen only on the internet till like last week when a man I was talking to used it in person.

Then you would find me and mine odd. LOL.

I speak that royalty into my children. It has little to do with the "hotep" state of mind and more so what the babies/people resonate with. I call my husband King and the kids Prince or Princess. My teenage boys have me calling them "Africans" when I am upset instead of the "N" word, which I do not call them. "African, I will slap the melanin off your face if you roll your eyes while I'm speaking one mo time". LOL

Little girls want to be princesses when they are younger. They believe the cartoons and want to feel or be that special. THEY ARE!! They may not have a flying carpet or live under the sea but they are royal, beautiful, smart, special and powerful, more so than any other.

Young men want to be strong, brave, feared and providers. Just as the Prince or a knight, a KING. They believe that they are less than others, "especially" black men. They need to be reminded that this is their jungle. they are rulers of it. We as their women, as there support system, their backbone, the family GLUE..need to be reminding them of this on the daily.

I don't have a religion, I follow noone. I listen to my spirit, follow my own path and take a piece of whatever teachings I feel will benefit myself and my family. lol.... sounds crazy, but it works!

Then you would find me and mine odd. LOL.

I speak that royalty into my children. It has little to do with the "hotep" state of mind and more so what the babies/people resonate with. I call my husband King and the kids Prince or Princess. My teenage boys have me calling them "Africans" when I am upset instead of the "N" word, which I do not call them. "African, I will slap the melanin off your face if you roll your eyes while I'm speaking one mo time". LOL

Little girls want to be princesses when they are younger. They believe the cartoons and want to feel or be that special. THEY ARE!! They may not have a flying carpet or live under the sea but they are royal, beautiful, smart, special and powerful, more so than any other.

Young men want to be strong, brave, feared and providers. Just as the Prince or a knight, a KING. They believe that they are less than others, "especially" black men. They need to be reminded that this is their jungle. they are rulers of it. We as their women, as there support system, their backbone, the family GLUE..need to be reminding them of this on the daily.

I don't have a religion, I follow noone. I listen to my spirit, follow my own path and take a piece of whatever teachings I feel will benefit myself and my family. lol.... sounds crazy, but it works!
It isn't crazy. I def believe in going with what feels right in ur spirit n resonates with u. It's something positive and that's what comes first. Plus, it sounds like uplifting your people and loved ones is at the heart of it. That's all good stuff sis.

I'm the same re: religion too. I roll with what seems right.

How do you feel on the subject?

@the men
Would you find it disrespectful for her to not take ur last name?

@the women
Do you find it disrespectful that tradition tells u to change ur name to ur husbands?

My last name is generic as hell. I wouldnt be mad. Id want the kids to have my name

Back