Welcome To aBlackWeb

woman whose humiliating photo went viral, speaks out

(weight aside) I took this more as letting people know that you can't always tell when someone has a health issue that affects them.

I have a son who has an autoimmune disease but to look at him he does not look sick. He is and he is in some level of pain daily that will limit what he can and can't do in his life. He has felt shame for it and many times will not speak out when really he should. I have been his advocate in this as I refuse to let people tell him oh well you don't look like there is anything wrong with you.

I may be way off but that is what I took from it

(weight aside) I took this more as letting people know that you can't always tell when someone has a health issue that affects them.

I have a son who has an autoimmune disease but to look at him he does not look sick. He is and he is in some level of pain daily that will limit what he can and can't do in his life. He has felt shame for it and many times will not speak out when really he should. I have been his advocate in this as I refuse to let people tell him oh well you don't look like there is anything wrong with you.

I may be way off but that is what I took from it

I think your take on it is SPOT ON.

Back