Welcome To aBlackWeb

(Wo)Man In The Mirror

Remy_LeGermz

So yo, having a discussion with a friend. It gets to how you can be at someone's home and they have a baby. The baby is running around the home wit a bag a cheetos, covered in cheetos dust in a white tee and underwear. You dont know the baby so the baby come off to you like a lil messy baby you dont want touching you.

But if that's your home and your baby, you dont see the baby as messy. You just see your little cute baby running around being happy and enjoying some chips. It got to how our perception based on attachment alters how we view things.

Got me to thinking, every story that I tell, that i hear a person who was involved in the same incident with me, who tells the same story. Always has me in the story seeming way more cool and gully that I perceived myself during that moment or after. Every story I tell, I always view myself in the story as the clown stumbling through the event.

Then when I hear them tell it, I got a collection of viewpoints from people that are close to me that view me as, confident, handsome, intense, fearless, a charmer. I'm like, yo..who is this nigga cause I never met him. Then I figure it's because of my emotional attachment to myself. I find it hard to see what everyone sees because I'm very much harshly emotionally attached to myself.

That's my issue though..do yall identify heavily with what others cast you as in their viewpoint?

I'm very critical of myself so I judge myself more harshly than others. I'm always flattered but I'm also like, "If you say so". I'm just Lea to me.

Most times if it’s coming from people that know me very well. They cast me how I cast myself.

So you're curious why others dont see past the fascade?
Well what others see isn't a facade, I had someone tell me this past month that if they had the confidence I had. That everything in their life would be fine. This is a person I presumed to be more confident than I am. I asked them what they consider confidence. Their answer to me as to what they thought showed my confidence, was something that I do thats born out of an insecurity. That makes me feel more secure with myself when I do it. They explained to me that they dont have the drive to do that thing that I do. That's their idea of confidence. I told them that it was self esteem, as I hold myself in a high esteem that I feel compelled to display on the outside what I feel on the inside. They said that's what confidence is. So I dont think its matter of a facade, as it is a matter of viewpoints and judgments.

But to your question, at the same time. I am curious as to why their viewpoints arent as near to my own. They are in most cases in certain instances, wildly the opposite of what I had been feeling and drove my actions at a moment.

Well what others see isn't a facade, I had someone tell me this past month that if they had the confidence I had. That everything in their life would be fine. This is a person I presumed to be more confident than I am. I asked them what they consider confidence. Their answer to me as to what they thought showed my confidence, was something that I do thats born out of an insecurity. That makes me feel more secure with myself when I do it. They explained to me that they dont have the drive to do that thing that I do. That's their idea of confidence. I told them that it was self esteem, as I hold myself in a high esteem that I feel compelled to display on the outside what I feel on the inside. They said that's what confidence is. So I dont think its matter of a facade, as it is a matter of viewpoints and judgments.
If people think youre confident, but you dont see it like that, which you just explained twice, yes you carry a fascade of confidence.

If people think youre confident, but you dont see it like that, which you just explained twice, yes you carry a fascade of confidence.
Ok, I view a facade as something purposely perpetrated. You're saying even if not intentional, it's a facade?

Yes. Subconsciously or consciously you project it but it's not what you really feel as you stated.
I see your point, but let me get you an instance. Someone I knew got robbed at gun point, him and a few others. After they got robbed one of them got loose from being tied up and ran to where I was and told me what happened. The other guys that were with him weren't with him. My notion is that if you are free, the danger is gone cause other wise you'd be shot. So after he told me what happened, I ran to check on the others. His telling of the story, is I fearlessly ran to the danger zone. When really in my mind, the danger was gone. So he sees me as brave in that instance, I dont see it as bravery cause there was nothing to be scared of. In a way, we both are right.

I see your point, but let me get you an instance. Someone I knew got robbed at gun point, him and a few others. After they got robbed one of them got loose from being tied up and ran to where I was and told me what happened. The other guys that were with him weren't with him. My notion is that if you are free, the danger is gone cause other wise you'd be shot. So after he told me what happened, I ran to check on the others. His telling of the story, is I fearlessly ran to the danger zone. When really in my mind, the danger was gone. So he sees me as brave in that instance, I dont see it as bravery cause there was nothing to be scared of. In a way, we both are right.
Hmmm. You think logic gives off those kinds of vibes then? I could see people misconstruing it.

Back