Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Why do wypipo have the exclusive rights to glorifying gangsta movie without judgement?

Duwop

You're the target, not the victim 🧐
Mod Squad
how come it's cool to glorify white gangster shti like the departed, scar face, goodfellas, godfather, sopranos, oceans 11,12,13....like that shit is classic cinema,.....

but when blacks be on some gangster shit...it's considered so negative and harmful to the culture, and all that shit.....like why can't we like gangster shit without being judged?????

Last edited:
:smh:does not have a passport post....

any way, i gotta question...

how come it's cool to glorify white gangster shti like the departed, scar face, goodfellas, godfather, sopranos, oceans 11,12,13....like that shit is classic cinema,.....

but when blacks be on some gangster shit...it's considered so negative and harmful to the culture, and all that shit.....like why can't we like gangster shit without being judged?????
make a thread

i think this is a good topic

a movie and actually slapping niggas w the hammer are 2 different things yo

My guess is people see the former as intelligent, thought provoking movies. White collar crimes, the intricacies of the mafia etc. People eat that shit up as it’s not something they see every day.

Where as when you see a black gangster movie it’s “look at these animals killing themselves.”

Because to many of our people we think we are more susceptible to bullshit. We think if we watch gangsta stuff somebody that looks like us will imitate.

a movie and actually slapping niggas w the hammer are 2 different things yo
naw it's really not...

the kennedy's was gangsters, atheir family still has power....

many old gangster family still hold power....

you think the descendants of black gangsters still hold power as a whole??

i'm asing cuz i really don't know... but the only reason the wire wasn't getting awards was cuz sopranos was cleaning up......

because their culture isnt defined by images portrayed in hollywood like black people

we dont culturally appropriate their shit either

just last year, wypipo all of a sudden started saying "bye felecia" like the movie Friday had just come out

you know its deeper than rap....

but simply put, our "gangster" is more free-for-all cutthroat compared to organized crime w/ levels and bosses and code

that and "our gangster" is never really portrayed correctly (because its mostly made by people who dont have a clue.....just like the people who consider it "negative and harmful")

in a movie they'll pull up to the projects and its 100 buff niggas outside wit jewels and shit on, tats greased up, wife beater fresh out the pack, drinkin 40's in 2018......the leader dont really lead shit just tell niggas to "find that man" and the police "I dont know nuthin"

you got gang bangers, low level hustlers, and "The Plug" and thats as deep and as organized as it gets....we still talking movies btw

jump to italian gangster flicks.......there's families first and foremost....not the gang family but the goons got wives and children that respect them and lead normal lives, usually clueless to what the man of the house does for a living

they typically have cover businesses and wear suits or at least slacks and button ups

nobody's got bm drama, nobody's getting high and if so they're on the low or outcasted, no tats, golds, or any other obvious affiliation to any street life or crime family, etc

just the way the picture is painted.....they are made to look respectable from jump

their movie starts at a car wash or restaurant

ours opens in a crack house

because their culture isnt defined by images portrayed in hollywood like black people

just last year, wypipo all of a sudden started saying "bye felecia" like the movie Friday had just come out

Neither is ours

yall told me last month that the godfather influenced real life white mafia

Last edited:
Neither is ours

they absolutely tune in to BET and Black Starz to see how black folks get down

that is our definition - to them

I remember when my younger white coworkers would ask me about a Chingy or Nelly song and be confused when I didnt have a clue

like this is my shit, im supposed to know about this lol

my opinion is this.

Black force is a threat.

White people know how THEY acted every single time they were in our position throughout world history. Whenever any group of white people were oppressed, treaty;'s weren't signed till a whole lotta blood shed.....they fight for theirs..

marching and peaceful protests.....that's us...that's how we gotta get heard.....

but them white boys fight for theirs, and they love having reminders of it....

there's no shortages of white parents arming and teaching their children how to shoot guns.

remember that BAD ASS scene of hitgirl in the movie kick ass.....??

there's nothing cooler than a white child who's nice with weapons....

KickAss-Balisong-01b1-400-sg.gif

that's fucking adorable.......

while this..
758196734fbbc2a0ee52af7e5b3b3d41.jpg

is fucking disturbing.......

And like others have said, its deeper than the surface of the questiom

you know its deeper than rap....

but simply put, our "gangster" is more free-for-all cutthroat compared to organized crime w/ levels and bosses and code

that and "our gangster" is never really portrayed correctly (because its mostly made by people who dont have a clue.....just like the people who consider it "negative and harmful")

in a movie they'll pull up to the projects and its 100 buff niggas outside wit jewels and shit on, tats greased up, wife beater fresh out the pack, drinkin 40's in 2018......the leader dont really lead shit just tell niggas to "find that man" and the police "I dont know nuthin"

you got gang bangers, low level hustlers, and "The Plug" and thats as deep and as organized as it gets....we still talking movies btw

jump to italian gangster flicks.......there's families first and foremost....not the gang family but the goons got wives and children that respect them and lead normal lives, usually clueless to what the man of the house does for a living

they typically have cover businesses and wear suits or at least slacks and button ups

nobody's got bm drama, nobody's getting high and if so they're on the low or outcasted, no tats, golds, or any other obvious affiliation to any street life or crime family, etc

just the way the picture is painted.....they are made to look respectable from jump

their movie starts at a car wash or restaurant

ours opens in a crack house

They don't show the ingenuity, intelligence or planning of black crime, just the savagery and violence

A microcosm of reality

Back