Welcome To aBlackWeb

Whose to blame? Cops vs. Communities

Allergens

Me I'm Supa Fly
Question for y’all

Black kid got killed in the hood, police came through the hood looking for answers. Nobody seen shit, but the family is real broken up about it and apparently the kid was a good kid. Normally ncpd give up and move on, but they put up those electronic ticker traffic signs all around the area asking for anon help. Been out for a few weeks still no leads.

Same city, white college student falls asleep in his car. Dudes try to break in the car but couldn’t get in and the kid wouldn’t wake up. For some reason the dudes lit the car up and the kid died from his wounds. CPD swarmed the hood and arrested the dude from leads given to them within a week.

Now, with the white dude...it was big news and the police wasn’t gone stop coming through till they got their man. So it was making the hood hot and folk gave up the killer so the cops leave.

With the black kid, they came through, but bounce after no one would say shit.

Do you think people would give up the killer if the cops stayed coming through every day?

Is it the cops fault for not coming through every day?

Is it the hoods fault for being willing to tell on the killer of a white kid but not the killer of a black kid?

the kid being a good kid should place him on the untouchable status and the people in the area should tell. we have to protect the good kids. the problem is...we dont talk to the cops and allow the niggas to take over our communities then call the cops when something happens.
if you dont want the cops involved then we need to police our own shit.

closing your mouth and eyes dont make shit go away, just makes the property value drop

the kid being a good kid should place him on the untouchable status and the people in the area should tell. we have to protect the good kids. the problem is...we dont talk to the cops and allow the niggas to take over our communities then call the cops when something happens.
if you dont want the cops involved then we need to police our own shit.

closing your mouth and eyes dont make shit go away, just makes the property value drop

I think a lot of that has to do with the lack of trust folks have with cops.

A little of both I'd say. Cops should care the same regardless of the community, and we all know they don't. That's on them. But let's be real, the motivation of the cops depends a lot on the community too. Like before the BLM movement and other similar groups, no one put any attention extrajudicial killings by the police. It's still fucked up in that regard, but at the very least, we know that they have to put on the pretense of searching out justice when people are protesting. The same goes form black on black crime. If some black kid gets killed by black criminals, the cops don't care largely because they believe the community doesn't care. If the community starts to protest cop inaction for those crimes the same way they protested police shootings, it would force the cops to care more. That said, the cops caring more doesn't matter if people in the community continue to cover for murderers. It's a crazy cycle.

Folks gotta stop being afraid to speak out.

Local police also gotta do a better job in connecting with the community.

People aren't gonna trust the info they have with cops who look to protect their own, rather than doing the right thing, and protecting the people they serve.

Cops used to walk a beat in the community. You knew the beat cops by face and name, they knew you and your family. If some shit went down they were plugged into the hood or at least knew who to pull to the side and ask about it.

Blame on both sides. In my opinion its necessary for cops to be active in the communities they police. Make their presence know in a positive way.

On the other side, I fully understand why folks dont wanna talk to the police. The trust has been broken and the people still gotta love there among the killers. However, you cant get mad when shit goes unsolved cuz everybody wanna "stop snitchin".

The blue wall is just as guilty of not being forthcoming when its one of their own.

Blame on both sides. In my opinion its necessary for cops to be active in the communities they police. Make their presence know in a positive way.

On the other side, I fully understand why folks dont wanna talk to the police. The trust has been broken and the people still gotta love there among the killers. However, you cant get mad when shit goes unsolved cuz everybody wanna "stop snitchin".

The blue wall is just as guilty of not being forthcoming when its one of their own.

^^^ That's the part that kills me. Cops on TV complaining about the whole "stop snitching" shits but ain't got shit to say when one of their own shot someone.

Its both. The community wont help because witnesses get killed quick and police dont protect them after they told.

Police dont really try to understand why black people are scared of them and playing basketball with kids is not enough to build that.

More minority cops maybe

Police. It’s their job at the end of the day. You don’t think white society have a no snitch code? Yet they still solve crimes.

I hate that no snitching shit when it comes to serious crimes. Someone out here killing my people or people period and I know who did it. I’m telling. Idgaf. Why should we allow someone like that to roam free?

In this scenario, I’d blame both the cops and the neighborhood.

The cops should have stayed diligent and the neighborhood should have given some leads unless no one truly saw anything.

The community not talking to the cops is a huge part of the blame BUT the reason the community doesnt talk to the cops is because the community doesnt trust the cops and the reason why the community doesnt trust the cops is because the justice system is so corrupt. Thats where we gotta start.

Back