Welcome To aBlackWeb

Who Ran Hip Hop In 2006

@5th Letter ... 2006 is the last year for the Old Testament of Hip Hop ... New York Hip - Hop self destruct & Atlanta Hip -Hop Rise to the forefront as the changing of the Guard

T.I. -King
Lil Wayne -The Carter 2
Ludacris -Release Therapy
Nas- Hip Hop Is Dead
Ghostface Killah -Fishscale

Honorable mentions: Jay Z -Kingdom Come, Paul Wall - The People Champ, E-40 My Ghetto Report Card, Common - Finding Forever, Lil KIM - The Naked Truth, The Game- The Doctor’s Advocate, & Cam’ron - Killa Season

Last edited:
@5th Letter ... 2006 is the last year for the Old Testament of Hip Hop ... New York Hip - Hop self destruct & Atlanta Hip -Hop Rise to the forefront as the changing of the Guard

T.I. -King
Lil Wayne -The Carter 2
Ludacris -Release Therapy
Nas- Hip Hop Is Dead
Ghostface Killah -Fishscale

Honorable mentions: Jay Z -Kingdom Come, Paul Wall - The People Champ, E-40 My Ghetto Report Card, Common - Finding Forever, Lil KIM - The Naked Truth, The Game- The Doctor’s Advocate, & Cam’ron - Killa Season
Paul Wall's album came out in '05
Common's album came out in '07

best debut of '06......

81B4l7WTz3L._SL1453_.jpg

@Sion

KING is a good ass album, but it's not his best work. Me being born and raised in Atlanta, I think "I'm Serious" is a personal and Southern classic....

But the crazy shit is, as great as a rapper/artist Tip is and the longevity he's had, it always pains me to say he has NO universal hip hop classic album. He has a dud or two, but overall his discography is great! The closest thing he has to a classic is his debut, Trap Muzik and Urban Legend (I phux w/ Paper Trail heavy but I can't even put amongst the aforementioned).

Tip had it. With his album, the singles, Drive Slow (Remix) and, of course ATL, he had the Machine behind him in a major way. 2006 had solid albums, Fish Scale, Big Bang Theory etc., but it felt like the singles were better than albums.

Back