Welcome To aBlackWeb

Who else finds trap music boring?

*Confession time*

Honestly outside Project Pat, Early Young Jeezy and a few others I've always found trap music boring. All trap rappers pretty much have the same flow, the same type of beats and the same subject matter(Selling drugs, I had no father so the street raised me...etc). I would say maybe Im getting old(Im 28 btw) but, even when I was a teenager I just never found trap all that appealing. When I was in high school everyone was on Gucci Mane and shit while I was listening to ICP and Tech N9ne. Just thought I'd share that.

I was never into trap because at tha time it was becoming really popular I was consider an “east coast biased hip-hop head”....didn’t really listen to much music that came from below tha Mason Dixon line wit’ the exception of Outkast and Goodie Mob....

giphy.gif

Shit is wack, B.

It remind me of a Pimp C quote in an interview "can't just glorify one side and not mention the other side of the game". Today's "trap rappers" don't have that conscious side like Tip for a perfect example. Tip can hit you with Dope Boyz In The Trap then come with Still Ain't Forgave Myself, back to back on the same album.

It remind me of a Pimp C quote in an interview "can't just glorify one side and not mention the other side of the game". Today's "trap rappers" don't have that conscious side like Tip for a perfect example. Tip can hit you with Dope Boyz In The Trap then come with Still Ain't Forgave Myself, back to back on the same album.
Or even if they do, they only release visuals for the fuck shit..

actually...
Trap vs Boom Bap
Mumble vs Lyricist
lean vs Coke

give me the boom-bap lyricist that spits about keys

They don't want to be vulnerable. Shit taking L's is a part of life and growth.
Shit is too glorified and everybody wins on their songs.
Y'all ain't moving all that weight. Somebody lying.

Lmao

This is interesting because I remember back in the IC dayz posters would defend trap music no matter what.

It was sort of an Up North vs Down South thing going on where we would make fun of each other.

Statements like bitches can't twerk to boom bap.
NYC copying the south.
Trap music produces one hit wonders that dont last etc

IC poster Pezzy Jenkins if i remember correctly, would call up northerners that still listen to boom bap elitist and out of touch.

Now look where we are. I would've never thought southerners would get tired of trap.

I hate to admit this but overall, HipHop music is stale.

Lmao

This is interesting because I remember back in the IC dayz posters would defend trap music no matter what.

It was sort of an Up North vs Down South thing going on where we would make fun of each other.

Statements like bitches can't twerk to boom bap.
NYC copying the south.
Trap music produces one hit wonders that dont last etc

IC poster Pezzy Jenkins if i remember correctly, would call up northerners that still listen to boom bap elitist and out of touch.

Now look where we are. I would've never thought southerners would get tired of trap.

I hate to admit this but overall, HipHop music is stale.
I remember them wars

Back