Welcome To aBlackWeb

What's your favorite Pink Floyd album?

Subforum header says hip hip and rnb discussion and info. I know this is a black forum, but wtf? Black ppl have pioneered just about every popular form of modern music there is. And almost all these white dudes with guitars coming out of the 60s and 70s had black American blues and jazz men as their heros and icons. *rant over*

Subforum header says hip hip and rnb discussion and info. I know this is a black forum, but wtf? Black ppl have pioneered just about every popular form of modern music there is. And almost all these white dudes with guitars coming out of the 60s and 70s had black American blues and jazz men as their heros and icons. *rant over*

I see "music discussion" and "the record store" but thanks for letting me know the bylaws, Karen. Either flag me or go make a thread about some "hip hip music"

IMG_5708.gif

I’ll update the forum description.

You know you not gonna get alot of replies most black ppl don’t know wtf Pink Floyd is they really pushed the black community away from rock music I don’t know one black person in my life that can name 5 rock songs but for me it’s definitely Darkside of the moon.

You know you not gonna get alot of replies most black ppl don’t know wtf Pink Floyd is they really pushed the black community away from rock music I don’t know one black person in my life that can name 5 rock songs but for me it’s definitely Darkside of the moon.

You would be surprised my brother... a lot of us older cats grew up back in the day hearing all types of music on the radio or through friends.

Dark side of the moon is a classic... I still have my slightly warped vinyl copy from high school when my grandma's radiator blew up on my record collection. I'll still play that before I play it on digital because it sounds normal to me even though it's a little off and the cover is fucked.

You would be surprised my brother... a lot of us older cats grew up back in the day hearing all types of music on the radio or through friends.

Truth.

If you grew up in the 80's, you listened to everything!

Back to the thread topic though, It might be The Wall for me. That's still the joint I listen to the most from them. Kinda throw that one on a lot.

I'll say Dark Side of the Moon

still vividly remember hearin it for the 1st time back in highschool

it's bout 2003-2004 at a houseparty

was a lil intoxicated so I went to sit on the couch right by the speaker as the album starts

immediately I felt the vibe

then around the 4th track, I heard a break that would make a perfect sample & made a mental note that I would flip it when I learned how to sample (jus started makin beats bout a yr prior)

fast forward to 2009, I flip the sample & 1 of my favorite artists jumped on it

the rest is history as they say lol

I see "music discussion" and "the record store" but thanks for letting me know the bylaws, Karen. Either flag me or go make a thread about some "hip hip music"

U misinterpreted the post my dude. I meant to speak in solidarity with u.

Back