Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION What's your definition of family?

AP2.5

Beef Authority
Site Administrator
How do you define family?

Excluding immediate blood relatives, is it simply just you and a significant other?

Or does the family begin once you have kids?

No I have brethren and Sistren that are family. Some closer than blood relatives.
i was mainly talking about in a relationship dynamic lol

like, if you and this girl have been together for a while...does she qualify as family? or does it begin once you have children?

i was mainly talking about in a relationship dynamic lol

like, if you and this girl have been together for a while...does she qualify as family? or does it begin once you have children?
No if we have been together we are family. I have exes that I consider family( my wife doesn’t like it) but when you go through the wars with a person and you know they would do anything in reason for you and you would for them why wouldn’t they be family?

Once a child is brought into this world, yall are a family. I wish more people would understand that concept and embrace it. Or at least think about the idea before laying down with someone.

Once a child is brought into this world, yall are a family. I wish more people would understand that concept and embrace it. Or at least think about the idea before laying down with someone.
I think you are family even before that. But I completely agree with you.

so how would you handle a separation? even if it was a tumultuous and toxic one? Do you still consider the mother to be your family?

so how would you handle a separation? even if it was a tumultuous and toxic one? Do you still consider the mother to be your family?
Does your birth mother stop being family after you've had a toxic argument?

No to answer for him but yes. The same way I don’t mess with one of my cousins but they are still family. We have gotten away from our tribal ways. I don’t understand how people spend years with a person and your relationship doesn’t work out but they are not family when you just spent more time than most of your cousins and they are family.

To me family is a link that cannot be severed. So even if we stop fucking with each other there is something/someone connecting us i.e. children

That's still your child's mother. And your "wife/husband" in a spiritual aspect.

family is a state of mind.
it's what you want it to be honestly....

cuz i know plenty of parents of the same child who don't consider themselves r any of their kin family....
petty as it may seem to outside eyes looking in..., it's still their reality....

so i maintain family is limited to whom one personally considers family

People in your life who love and care about you. People care about your well being and support you.

Doesn't have to be related

How do you define family?

Excluding immediate blood relatives, is it simply just you and a significant other?

Or does the family begin once you have kids?

My girl not fully family till we get married. I will treat her like a wife before marriage tho.

Back