Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION What's 1 thing you DON'T wanna change post-COVID?

Honestly minus the looming sickness and death and the horrible negative economic impacts on some businesses and the economy as a whole, the pandemic has been pretty good. Less traffic, less waiting, less having to deal with people I don't like. I don't have to get up at the buttcrack of dawn to get to an office. I've had more time with my family. Shit, to keep it real. The only things I do want to change are for schools to open back up so my girls can get back on track for education and for bars to open back up safely so I can hit the happy hours again.

As others have said, working from home

That has reduced my stress in a major way
I listen to a podcast about work culture in one episode he was talking to an American company about how Europeans are looking to move away from working 35 hours a week to may be 30. A American shouted out we don't want less hours we want to be able to work from home. Is that something that is rare in the states? Pre covid I done 2 days a week at home

I listen to a podcast about work culture in one episode he was talking to an American company about how Europeans are looking to move away from working 35 hours a week to may be 30. A American shouted out we don't want less hours we want to be able to work from home. Is that something that is rare in the states? Pre covid I done 2 days a week at home

Yup, it was something that was frowmed upon by corp america culture here. Lot of old school "I need to see you working" thinking.

Even after my company implemented remote working, US management fought against it while our Euro colleagues was laughing at us.

Covid has changed that. Damn shame thats what it took

Back