Welcome To aBlackWeb

What would you do?

Golden

Administrator
Let's say the child of a close friend or relative of yours indicates that they're at risk in their home. Maybe you even see bruises/some kind of evidence with your own eyes. Nothing definitive, just enough to make you think there's something to it.

What do you do ABW?

Tell them what they already know. They need to leave. Other than that, not much one can do but hope for the best. I'd say call the police, but that can go south. Best the person in trouble deal with it themselves. Or ask for help to deal. But you can't force anyone out of a relationship, even a toxic one.

Tell them what they already know. They need to leave. Other than that, not much one can do but hope for the best. I'd say call the police, but that can go south. Best the person in trouble deal with it themselves. Or ask for help to deal. But you can't force anyone out of a relationship, even a toxic one.
I mean the kids of ppl u r close to. its usually teenagers who runaway. can tiny kids do much other than try to tell ppl they trust?

First I am going to light my chalice. Then I am going to discuss it with my Omega. Because I believe in leave people business and mind your own. But I also believe that no one should harm a child to the point of bruises. If the parents are relatives then I am going to address it with them but if it is a friend I am not sure. That is tough.

I ask this question because child abuse isn't usually an isolated incident. often times, there were opportunities for it to be seen but people either turned a blind eye or didn't take the threat to the child seriously.

Look at cases like this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Nixzmary_Brown

She'd been showing up to school with bruises for a while. People actually reported it that time and the city department was swamped with 'more pressing cases', but there are many incidents where the bruises and evidence of abuse are detected by family and friends long before school or daycare officials.

How willing are we to hold our own accountable for child abuse?

I mean the kids of ppl u r close to. its usually teenagers who runaway. can tiny kids do much other than try to tell ppl they trust?
I missed the child part. If there's children involved and a parent is being abused, I'd talk to the parent, and if they're not tryna do something about it, call CPS

I ask this question because child abuse isn't usually an isolated incident. often times, there were opportunities for it to be seen but people either turned a blind eye or didn't take the threat to the child seriously.

Look at cases like this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Nixzmary_Brown

She'd been showing up to school with bruises for a while. People actually reported it that time and the city department was swamped with 'more pressing cases', but there are many incidents were the bruises and evidence of abuse are detected by family and friends long before school or daycare officials.

How willing are we to hold our own accountable for child abuse?
If its in my own family, I'm taking the kid.

If it's suspicious but nothing definitive I would call CPS anonymously.

But if the situations calls for me get personally involved I will do so with the mindset that I will lose my family or friends.

Back