Welcome To aBlackWeb

What would you do to change series: Pt 1. Airlines and flying

AP2.5

I was really really tryna keep it PG
Site Administrator
I'm a big fan of simulation games. Home renovation, city building, etc...

Pick a scenario and tell me how you would make the airline industry and flying as and experience better as a whole.

A) you inherit one of the big airline companies. You get to change only 5 things about it. What would you do

B) you somehow were able to build one from scratch. This option comes with more freedom. You have the same type of planes as your competitors, same destination, etc...The catch is that you will operate in the red for maybe the first couple of years until your policies have had time to catch on.

A) you inherit one of the big airline companies. You get to change only 5 things about it. What would you do
I inherited Southwest.

1) I would change the destinations they fly out to. We would become fully international.

2) I would make a first class section on all planes.

3) I would add screens to the seats. However, you still gotta pay to use it.

4) Snacks will be bigger.

5) purple planes.

I'd first examining the profit margins to see if it's possible to use seats with more room on them.

Analyze the money to see if it's possible to stop charging for every little thing. I.e. one or two checked bags are free.

Offer in-flight internet service.

Offer meals as opposed to just snacks on direct flights.

Get some smaller planes that are cheaper to operate and start servicing neglected smaller airports like Flint, North Las Vegas, etc.

Expand the number of direct flights between major cities.

I inherited Southwest.

1) I would change the destinations they fly out to. We would become fully international.

2) I would make a first class section on all planes.

3) I would add screens to the seats. However, you still gotta pay to use it.

4) Snacks will be bigger.

5) purple planes.
What would you charge passengers?

Do you still offer one free check in?

Are you keeping non assigned seating?

What's your carry on policy?

I'd first examining the profit margins to see if it's possible to use seats with more room on them.

Analyze the money to see if it's possible to stop charging for every little thing. I.e. one or two checked bags are free.

Offer in-flight internet service.

Offer meals as opposed to just snacks on direct flights.

Get some smaller planes that are cheaper to operate and start servicing neglected smaller airports like Flint, North Las Vegas, etc.

Expand the number of direct flights between major cities.
Give me some prices for these services

What would you charge passengers?

Do you still offer one free check in?

Are you keeping non assigned seating?

What's your carry on policy?
I’d keep the prices affordable.

I didn’t know checking in cost money.

Free seating unless you’re with child or first class.

One carry on. All other bags are checked. First checked bag is free, second bag is a fee. Over 50lbs is a fee.

I’d keep the prices affordable.

I didn’t know checking in cost money.

Free seating unless you’re with child or first class.

One carry on. All other bags are checked. First checked bag is free, second bag is a fee. Over 50lbs is a fee.
Southwest I believe is still the only airline that allows one free checked bag outside of being part of some platinum member shit, but everyone else requires a fee to check in a bag

Southwest I believe is still the only airline that allows one free checked bag outside of being part of some platinum member shit, but everyone else requires a fee to check in a bag
Oh I thought you mean checking in the day before the flight. Yea I’m keeping the bag policy.

Oh I thought you mean checking in the day before the flight. Yea I’m keeping the bag policy.
I think I would be more strict but find some balance

Because they are nickel and diming people, people just put shit in carry ons and take up all the space in the overhead bins to avoid paying the check in fee

Is profit margin not an obstacle? Cause if not I’m starting low density flights with lazy boy style recliners front to back

Back