Welcome To aBlackWeb

What Was Hip Hop's Best Summer?

5 Grand

Old School Godfather
This is a spinoff of the thread, "Best album this summer".

Every once in a while, the stars align and for whatever reason there are an unusual amount of dope songs and albums out at one time.

What was the best summer you can remember as far as Hip Hop goes?

Off the top I'm thinking the summer of 84, 87, 88, 94, 95, 97

But the summer of 88 takes the cake

It Takes A Nation Of Millions...
Strictly Business
Long Live The Kane
Follow The Leader
In Full Gear
In Control Vol 1
Straight Out The Jungle

Thats 7 classic albums in 1 summer. Also, It Takes Two by Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock was out, but the album was kinda suspect.

This is a spinoff of the thread, "Best album this summer".

Every once in a while, the stars align and for whatever reason there are an unusual amount of dope songs and albums out at one time.

What was the best summer you can remember as far as Hip Hop goes?

Off the top I'm thinking the summer of 84, 87, 88, 94, 95, 97

But the summer of 88 takes the cake

It Takes A Nation Of Millions...
Strictly Business
Long Live The Kane
Follow The Leader
In Full Gear
In Control Vol 1
Straight Out The Jungle

Thats 7 classic albums in 1 summer. Also, It Takes Two by Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock was out, but the album was kinda suspect.

Rob Base's album was the shit tho. The wackest track was that wannabe "I Need Love" joint "Crush". Otherwise it was a solid album.

alot of summers from the 90's i was too young to appreciate in terms of the music,

the best summer for me and hip hop was probably 99-2000 in terms of where i was in life and that being the first year that I really started to appreciate music

It depends what are we judging it on? Albums released in the summer or overall?

What summer produced the hottest music.

If you were to make a mixtape of: songs and albums released between May 1 of that year and August 31 of that year, which year would have the best mixtape?

Also songs that were second or third singles from an album released earlier that year, but the single and video were released in the summer.

e.g One More Chance/Stay With Me - Summer of 95

Also songs that were second or third singles from an album released earlier that year, but the single and video were released in the summer.

e.g One More Chance/Stay With Me - Summer of 95

Let's battle, I bet i can make a better mixtape with 96 or 98 than you can with 95.

Are we only counting singles? or are we counting album cuts aswell?

I think we should only count singles, using album cuts is too easy.

Are we only counting singles? or are we counting album cuts aswell?

I think we should only count singles, using album cuts is too easy.

You're only saying that because you know if I included album cuts then you wouldn't stand a chance.

You're only saying that because you know if I included album cuts then you wouldn't stand a chance.

We can include album cuts, it's cool.

So we're only counting singles and albums (album cuts) that were released between may 1st - august 31st?

Back