Welcome To aBlackWeb

What the U.S. Really Owes Black America

They need to pay black Americans for that debt
i agree with you...but we need to know what that is.

this money they giving now aint shit. and i hate the fact they saying they going to hire 100 black poeple for this or that.

fuck that. we are smart enough to know the job...just get out our way.

and i hate they think they need to invest in education.....thats a slap in the face like we not smart. we are smart enough to get jobs but are held back by the race shit they try to pull.

this money they giving now aint shit. and i hate the fact they saying they going to hire 100 black poeple for this or that.

and i hate they think they need to invest in education.....thats a slap in the face like we not smart. we are smart enough to get jobs but are held back by the race shit they try to pull.
Tax free status, free health care, programs put in place to help start businesses, free college, etc.

Tax free status, free health care, programs put in place to help start businesses, free college, etc.

Don't forget favorable loans for house and land purchases.

Like I said in another topic, blacks should basically get something similar to what the country gives veterans.

What I honestly think some group should do is basically trace through every policy that was against or excluded blacks, and reparations should essentially be a package of policies designed to counteract each of those bad policies.

No loans grants.

I would agree with the 0% loans, but I don't know about grants. I mean to enact any of this, the government would have to essentially set aside a pot of money. Giving home grants to blacks instead of something like 0 interest loans as suggested above would basically take up all of whatever money they set aside. You're talking about spending 100K-300K for millions of people. By itself that would probably be doable, but in addition to all the other things you named, something would have to give.

I would agree with the 0% loans, but I don't know about grants. I mean to enact any of this, the government would have to essentially set aside a pot of money. Giving home grants to blacks instead of something like 0 interest loans as suggested above would basically take up all of whatever money they set aside. You're talking about spending 100K-300K for millions of people. By itself that would probably be doable, but in addition to all the other things you named, something would have to give.
Not everybody is gonna be a home owner regardless because there are still expenses that comes with that that a lot of people still couldn’t afford.

Not everybody is gonna be a home owner regardless because there are still expenses that comes with that that a lot of people still couldn’t afford.

True, but if the government offers grants, it has to set aside the resources to accommodate everyone that could conceivably be eligible. There are around 30 million black people in this country, so they would have to have the money available for millions of requests even if only 5-10% of blacks actually turn out eligible for the grants.

the bad side of this is there's gonna be thousands of white and Hispanics claiming black in their blood that will get the same benefits they shouldn't.

the bad side of this is there's gonna be thousands of white and Hispanics claiming black in their blood that will get the same benefits they shouldn't.

I think what's more likely is that other minorities will try and argue that they deserve some of the reparations because Jim Crow affected them too even though we all know it wasn't the same. SOME Jim Crow laws named Asians or Latinos, but ALL Jim Crow laws named blacks and tactics like redlining were more consistently enforced against black communities. So while other groups may have been affected by Jim Crow, they weren't targeted in the way blacks were. Asians were hurt by Jim Crow, but they weren't completely impeded by it. Further, when Jim Crow went away, Asians and other groups were left largely to make their way while blacks continued to be targeted even to this day.

I think what's more likely is that other minorities will try and argue that they deserve some of the reparations because Jim Crow affected them too even though we all know it wasn't the same. SOME Jim Crow laws named Asians or Latinos, but ALL Jim Crow laws named blacks and tactics like redlining were more consistently enforced against black communities. So while other groups may have been affected by Jim Crow, they weren't targeted in the way blacks were. Asians were hurt by Jim Crow, but they weren't completely impeded by it. Further, when Jim Crow went away, Asians and other groups were left largely to make their way while blacks continued to be targeted even to this day.

This is exactly why us defining ourselves with FBA, or the like, is needed.

It should just be direct cash payments.

The tax free stuff will never happen. Im skeptical of home loans because the federal govt cant guarantee that they will be there over the long haul.

Direct cash payments on the basis that anybody who gets it is working is the best way.

Back