Welcome To aBlackWeb

"What If" - Part 2; Injuries Stopped ____ from being an All-Time Great

Mister B.

The Devil’s Greatest Advocate…..
Continuing with this series, what athletes do you think would be a All-Time great (if not at least a HoF if they aren't now); if they didn't suffer a severe injury, or even died too soon?

Off the top of my mind:

Had the sports world in a vice-grip. A two-sport STAR. It was hard to figure out what Bo was actually better in, because he was an All-Star in BOTH.

ee504a417e6db0aaa4326f6ed1b9db70_crop_exact.jpg

Had the game on lock out there in Portland. Was starting to be a premier guard in the League before the knees started to go.

D-Rose may have the dubious distinction of being the only NBA MVP to not reach the HoF due to the injuries piling up.

71413177.jpg.jpg

Yeah, Ryan Howard has a title and was the Big Bat in the Phillies '08 WS title run, but he tore his ACL, and never was the same after that. He was definitely on track to be one of the best 1st basemen ever.

Johan-Santana.jpg

First pitcher to throw a no-hitter for the Mets (and only, to date) and two AL Cy Young's awards, Johan Santana had a compelling HOF case before injuries derailed it.

Last edited:
lol at this thread. U tryna get this section on n poppin huh.

That bein said. I was a huge Brandon Roy fan :(

I still think Andrew Luck would be on his way to a hall of fame career had he stayed healthy. Imagine how far the Colts would of went these last couple years… damn

Grant Hill owns this thread

He would be a hall of famer if it wasn't for his ankle...

Got to think that Eric Berry's career would have been on a better trajectory if he wouldn't have gotten cancer

Tony Boselli was able to get to the hall despite having a limited career

It wasn't due to injuries but what if Jim Brown never retired early to make movies?

It wasn't due to injuries but what if Jim Brown never retired early to make movies?

He played like 9 dominate years though. I don't think there are any "what if's" for Jim Brown career after 9 dominate years.

What else do you think he could've accomplished that he didn't?

Romo probably would have gone to two Super Bowls with the squad Dak walked into, would be a HOF lock

Last edited:
He played like 9 dominate years though. I don't think there are any "what if's" for Jim Brown career after 9 dominate years.

What else do you think he could've accomplished that he didn't?
I'm talking about his rushing record that got broke. I think players would still be chasing it.

I'm talking about his rushing record that got broke. I think players would still be chasing it.

I don't think the rushing record would have been that outta reach. Maybe 17/18K yards.

Plus backs during JB days wasn't really playing in their mid to late 30s. Hell backs now rarely do it besides AP and Frank Gore.

Back