Welcome To aBlackWeb

what are ways we can bring families together or keep them together?

DOS_patos

Unverified Legion of Trill member
i am a firm believer that families are the foundation of a community.

destroy the family structure and you destroy the community.

I am not here to speak about white supremacy and the mechanics that hurt us....that is a different end of the story.

how can we bring more families together? and for them that are together, how can we keep them together?

I am a bit busy but would like to pass along any ideas you guys have.

There are so many layers to this.

There is a concerted effort to keep this from happening, particularly in in the black community. It keeps people dependant on the government, helps feed the prison pipeline, and furthers the population control agenda.

But the simple answer is to get to the kids and preach the importance of community and selflessness. When people think more highly of themselves than those that look like they do, it leads to actions not conducive to building a family. Whether it be only moving in a way thay is totally self serving, feeding their carnal desires without concern for anyone they use to do so, or perpetuating lifestyles that dehumanize peers, both men and women.

It realistically would only take a generation or two to begin seeing the shift, but it will take a group of dedicated adults willing to sacrifice and buy in to the idea for it to work.

That's easier said than done because this world teaches us early to do the complete opposite. We are taught we are competition to each other.

There are so many layers to this.

There is a concerted effort to keep this from happening, particularly in in the black community. It keeps people dependant on the government, helps feed the prison pipeline, and furthers the population control agenda.

But the simple answer is to get to the kids and preach the importance of community and selflessness. When people think more highly of themselves than those that look like they do, it leads to actions not conducive to building a family. Whether it be only moving in a way thay is totally self serving, feeding their carnal desires without concern for anyone they use to do so, or perpetuating lifestyles that dehumanize peers, both men and women.

It realistically would only take a generation or two to begin seeing the shift, but it will take a group of dedicated adults willing to sacrifice and buy in to the idea for it to work.

That's easier said than done because this world teaches us early to do the complete opposite. We are taught we are competition to each other.
but can we compete with each other and not destroy each other?

i agree with selflessness.
i see alot of people who dont care about those after them or beside them and only out for themselves no matter who it hurts.
often times its the kids who hurt.

but even with what you said....what about the family level.
i believe no one should be able to affect inhouse shit. while i may be kept at a certain level and not allowed to rise, should that stop me from having a strong family if i am able to make it home every day?

In my family I was seen as one of the kids that wasnt going to amount to shit. Kinda cast aside and left for dead. I had to overcome my anger and hurt from that to first forgive, when I was able to forgive, I was able to recognize love. Once I was able to recognize love, I was able to feel love. Once I was able to feel love I was able to feel empathy for member in my family not where I was.

Then i was able to gently nudge members of my family into introspection. Help them get through some of the issues that are result of family and encourage them to continue.

I say all that to say this, it only takes empathy and understanding. But getting there takes alot.

In my family I was seen as one of the kids that wasnt going to amount to shit. Kinda cast aside and left for dead. I had to overcome my anger and hurt from that to first forgive, when I was able to forgive, I was able to recognize love. Once I was able to recognize love, I was able to feel love. Once I was able to feel love I was able to feel empathy for member in my family not where I was.

Then i was able to gently nudge members of my family into introspection. Help them get through some of the issues that are result of family and encourage them to continue.

I say all that to say this, it only takes empathy and understanding. But getting there takes alot.
this is interesting because i think kids tend to not be understood and thats why they are tossed aside.
not because of anything they did wrong but because the people doing it are limited in their thinking and cant help or dont know how to help.

like lets take autism.
i think people who are diagnosed with autism just operate on a higher frequency than most people.
the medicine helps slow them down so they can understand regular people shit. thats because regular people dont understand it.

just my take.

Its a simple concept that is very difficult to put in to practice. It requires ignoring something that comes natural to all people.

Its a simple concept that is very difficult to put in to practice. It requires ignoring something that comes natural to all people.
Love is also something alot of people dont know or know what it looks like.

this is interesting because i think kids tend to not be understood and thats why they are tossed aside.
not because of anything they did wrong but because the people doing it are limited in their thinking and cant help or dont know how to help.

like lets take autism.
i think people who are diagnosed with autism just operate on a higher frequency than most people.
the medicine helps slow them down so they can understand regular people shit. thats because regular people dont understand it.

just my take.
facts..I wouldn't call what I have autism but I constantly have to be explained regular people shit by those close me cause I often view most of it as costume nonsense that doesnt do anything but stroke damaged egos.

facts..I wouldn't call what I have autism but I constantly have to be explained regular people shit by those close me cause I often view most of it as costume nonsense that doesnt do anything but stroke damaged egos.
lol....i wasnt calling you autistic. my apologies if thats how it sounded. i was using that as an example.

but i often have to explain shit to people as well. not to say i am better but if i have seen multiple views......i think its my job to point out that maybe...just maybe...the perspective is wrong based off of tainted facts.

people gotta stop thinking their point trumps everyone else's....

we're a collective, everybody has equal footing and input..

when people feel excluded, they're normally looking for the first out....

family falls apart becuz we're always so hard on eachother, and always trying to tell other people how and when to do anything disregarding thier input to their own situation.. being overly judgemental o folk we should be listening to, uplifting, and support...

and sometimes support is just listening and encouraging....

but everybody has their own world, their own agenda, and they only make rom for very few.. it leavs a lot of others out... unfortunately those others be family

we're all too self serving and self involved

people gotta stop thinking their point trumps everyone else's....

we're a collective, everybody has equal footing and input..

when people feel excluded, they're normally looking for the first out....

family falls apart becuz we're always so hard on eachother, and always trying to tell other people how and when to do anything disregarding thier input to their own situation.. being overly judgemental o folk we should be listening to, uplifting, and support...

and sometimes support is just listening and encouraging....

but everybody has their own world, their own agenda, and they only make rom for very few.. it leavs a lot of others out... unfortunately those others be family

we're all too self serving and self involved
see this what im talking about.

but i see the same with why the hood cant be fixed.
too many thinking thier way or method is better and no one wants to listen but then tease those who want to help as not being about to be one way then when they dont help they sellouts.

everyone has a place and job to do......but we do need some leaders but who those leaders should be is another problem.

but we have all we need....resources and workers.
no reason the black community should be where it is.

lol....i wasnt calling you autistic. my apologies if thats how it sounded. i was using that as an example.

but i often have to explain shit to people as well. not to say i am better but if i have seen multiple views......i think its my job to point out that maybe...just maybe...the perspective is wrong based off of tainted facts.
nah I didnt take it as that, I'm self centered so I see everything from my own viewpoint. so dont think that I took what u said as a shot at me.

shit i'm amped bcuz of one of my neighborhood homies...

when we were in our teens, there was this one dude who's hooping skills were legit years above everybody else's but he was 100% hood

dude was nice all through middle and high school....we were even at the same high school for a short time....we used to run niggaz off the court in hs for pick up games in gym class......

anyway.....dude prolly had it to go all the way....at least everybody thought so... we just knew homie would be in the league one day...

but..... niggaz

i ain't' gonna say exactly what derailed it... but it got derailed......

fast forward to right now. cuz homie had his story for the last 15-20 years, and all that's irrelevant... what's important now, is that he's flipping and restoring houses now for his work.....

and he figured it's about time to restore the basketball court in our neighborhood....it's his summer project, and i can't wait to get out there with them and start helping......

20 years ago.... we ruled that basketball court

it's a lotta work to be done, it's just dope when people give back

shit i'm amped bcuz of one of my neighborhood homies...

when we were in our teens, there was this one dude who's hooping skills were legit years above everybody else's but he was 100% hood

dude was nice all through middle and high school....we were even at the same high school for a short time....we used to run niggaz off the court in hs for pick up games in gym class......

anyway.....dude prolly had it to go all the way....at least everybody thought so... we just knew homie would be in the league one day...

but..... niggaz

i ain't' gonna say exactly what derailed it... but it got derailed......

fast forward to right now. cuz homie had his story for the last 15-20 years, and all that's irrelevant... what's important now, is that he's flipping and restoring houses now for his work.....

and he figured it's about time to restore the basketball court in our neighborhood....it's his summer project, and i can't wait to get out there with them and start helping......

20 years ago.... we ruled that basketball court

it's a lotta work to be done, it's just dope when people give back
i knew a guy like this too......

nigga used to be king of the shit.
i used to come at dude with going out for the sixers on some walkon shit....niggas clowned me.....talking about politics and all that.
im like...dude...you in the hood. what the fuck are you really worried about right now...but hes still around there i think.

remember that master p song weed and money,

i never forget catching the bus to school one day, and when the bus went through the apartments.....

to this day i don't know how they got it so big,. but on the side of one building, in huge ass spray painted letters him and another nigga put

DEV

BITCHES & BLUNTS

and the very next building had

TEV

WEED & MONEY

the whole bus just started chuckling...

niggaz was wild...i'm just glad he giving back like he is

i am a firm believer that families are the foundation of a community.

destroy the family structure and you destroy the community.

I am not here to speak about white supremacy and the mechanics that hurt us....that is a different end of the story.

how can we bring more families together? and for them that are together, how can we keep them together?

I am a bit busy but would like to pass along any ideas you guys have.
Since we canā€™t discuss the cause of the problem I guess we can discuss band aid ways to fix the issue temporarily. Stop busting in any and every chick. Because 9-10 times the relationship never works out and that creates single mothers/fathers.

Since we canā€™t discuss the cause of the problem I guess we can discuss band aid ways to fix the issue temporarily. Stop busting in any and every chick. Because 9-10 times the relationship never works out and that creates single mothers/fathers.
man.....you want smoke?

please feel free to do what you must.

One thing we can do is learn to have patience with one another in a mcrowave society, where everyone wants the quick fix and tech has given most people a.d.d.

Be quick to hear and slow to speak with one another

Learn what love is and share it

Back