Welcome To aBlackWeb

What’s the most romantic thing you’ve done?

IP360

Doctorate & Ph.D in Bootyology
Simple question. Share your stories.

I'd probably say the most romantic thing I've done was tickets to see Beyonce in ATL during her Formation Tour. When Lemonade 1st dropped on HBO, she mentioned about when her tour was starting. At that time tour dates wasn't posted yet. BUT, a light bulb in my head went off, and that's when I started formulating a plan.

Bought the tickets online once the tour dates dropped. Then I found the closest city for her to go to. Ended up picking Atlanta, b/c I figured she'd probably would bring out alot of the Atl artists. Even better. After buying the tickets, I hit her up while she was at work, and told her to take the weekend and Tuesday off (concert was on Monday). Oh, and to pick a homegirl she would go on a roadtrip wit. Of course she asked why. So I sent her a screenshot of my computer wit a pic of Beyonce on the tickmaster site.

Guess I must've caught her off guard, cuz her following response was "Who's that for?" My reaction...
b34a336f42928157fa50ba2b01780dec.gif

"Who think negro??" Told her this was her early bday present. I never said where they were gonna be sittin at tho. Printed them out, and then sealed them in a envelope. Told her she couldn't open until the day of the concert. A whole month she had to look at that envelope with my "BEYONCE CONCERT TICKETS...DO NOT OPEN" handwriting.

Few weeks later, they finally get to Atlanta and I finally tell her to go ahead and open the envelope. Apparently she was shocked cuz I got a "You're such a big head" text. Pretty much her way of being excited, but not quite sure how to express it. Had them sitting 5 rows from the stage.

So close, this hefa texted me just to say "DAMN!" seeing Beyonce's azzz in person. They had a great time tho. That's all that mattered to me. Mission Accomplished.

Last edited:
planned a vacation n kept the location a secret. it was fun n exciting, he loved travel since.

Planned a trip to Miami. Everything was on me.
The room was bomb, see through shower, mirror as a headboard.

Probably when the ex proposed. It was very unexpected I just thought we were going out to eat. We went back to the place where we had our first date. He was talking and I am still clueless then next thing I know he has a little box with a beautiful ring inside. He always joked that I said yes before he finished asking but I can't really remember as it was all a blur. It really was a sweet memory. That asshole.

i'm an arts and crafts kinda dude

when i was in HS, i took welding as an elective...so i welded this heart shape with our names in it in cursive, then had to cut the shit out and smooth it. It was tedious af...also, the welding class was next door to the woodshop and the woodshop teacher was cool af...so i got a homeboy of mine to cut me out a heart, and in my art class, i drew a teddy bear on it wearing heart shaped sunglasses with our names in each lense, and the bear was holding a vase with a single rose.

I put that in a gift basket with some stuff my mama hooked up for me (she was selling baskets at the time). and to tie the packaging together, i hollered at this chick who was around there hustling these homemade bracelets out of safety pins and beads, and in the basket, i put her favorite candy inside (gummi bears), a card, and some other shit.

Years later when we reconnected somewhat...(read, she regretted breaking up with me in high school for some snaggle tooth motherfucker)...i asked her if she still had the stuff i gave her, she said the snaggletooth motherfucker threw it away...Fuck him and her

Back