Welcome To aBlackWeb

Was there ever a draft pick your favorite team made that you thought wouldn’t work out for the team and was proven wrong?

TJ Watt for the Steelers.
I don't watch a lot of NCAA football unless it's SMU or a big game. I stereotyped the kid as a typical white boy who was benefitting off his brother's name. I saw him as a backup or special team dude at best. So far he has shut me up.

I didn’t necessarily think he wouldn’t work out but I thought Chris Godwin was JAG (just a guy). We had D Jack at the time so I thought he’d be 3rd / 4th receiver.

He’s turned out to be probably the best #2 receiver in the league.

Leighton Vander Esch

Never even heard of him til we drafted him back 18. And I pay attention to the Combine and Pro days. But I don't recall his name "rising up draft broads" so much that he was going to be a 1st rd pick.

To be honest..I was a Jon Beason fan, so when they drafted Luke and ended up releasing Beason, I felt kinda a way. But Luke ended up being greater than I thought he would be.

Terry McLaurin

Going into the draft he was hyped up for his elite special teams ability. Thought was he could be a decent receiver a #3 type. I thought taking him in the 3rd was too high and just the front office trying to please Haskins. Turns out dude a legit good nfl receiver, just was underutilized at OSU

NBA- Andrew Bynum . I was pro Gerald Green thought he was gonna be the next VC lol. Was kinda tight Mitch drafted Bynum instead. Bynum was pivotal in the championship runs

NBA- Andrew Bynum . I was pro Gerald Green thought he was gonna be the next VC lol. Was kinda tight Mitch drafted Bynum instead. Bynum was pivotal in the championship runs

Bynum had the tools to be a multiple all star but didn't have the will or work ethic

Brandon Graham.

But in retrospect, Philly had a 3-4 defense that had him playing LB.

Once they switched to the 4-3, he produced.

Doncic? Really?

The guy dominated the 2nd best basketball league as a teenager!!!
...... like did you think he would be a scrub or just not as good as he has been so far?

I had never watched him play and I don’t have a very high opinion of the competition level in the European leagues in general.

Was afraid he was another Darko Milicic.

I had never watched him play and I don’t have a very high opinion of the competition level in the European leagues in general.

Was afraid he was another Darko Milicic.

Darko was a bench player in Europe on a team that wasnt in the highest level. Doncic played at the highest level as the key player for a championship winning team as a teenager. Lmao

I knew at worse be would be a solid NBA player. I honestly didn't think he would be this good this fast but what he did in Europe is unheard of. It was a reason he was getting all that publicity

Darko was a bench player in Europe on a team that wasnt in the highest level. Doncic played at the highest level as the key player for a championship winning team as a teenager. Lmao

I knew at worse be would be a solid NBA player. I honestly didn't think he would be this good this fast but what he did in Europe is unheard of. It was a reason he was getting all that publicity

It’s ignorant as hell but all players from foreign leagues are busts to me until they prove otherwise.

It’s ignorant as hell but all players from foreign leagues are busts to me until they prove otherwise.

Any player who hasn't played a pro game (the NBA in this case) should be looked at with apprehension.. not just players from foreign leagues. Lmao

Back