Vogue Named Cassie R&B Queen And Twitter Isn’t Here For It

ABW

Jan 9, 2018
Cassie jumped on the R&B scene at the age of 16 under NextSelection Lifestyle Group owned by Ryan Leslie with her hit single “Me & U”. Her self-titled debut album with the Bad Boy Records imprint was released in August 2006 and charted at number 4 on the Billboard 200.

A few days ago, Vogue Italy crowned Cassie an R&B Queen and Twitter was confused. In the article, it is mentioned that the “Long Way 2 Go” singer has won many awards and had star-studded collaborations with artists like Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj and Wiz Khalifa.

“Ten years later, Cassie, who is credited with launching a minimalist R & B sound that has influenced the current music scene and some of today’s biggest stars, including Drake, Bryson Tiller and SZA

Black Twitter expressed their opinions on the title of R&B Queen given to the singer.

SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT.

Molly McThinkPiece calls Bruno Mars an 'appropriator' and half y'all cosign. Vogue Italia crowns Cassie – YES, LORD, CASSIE – an R&B queen & Twitter falls silent.

What happened to all those R&B defenders?

— Edward Bowser (@etbowser) March 16, 2018

How much did Diddy pay Vogue to call Cassie the Queen of R&B?

— YT: ThatsKeAndra (@Thats_KeAndra) March 16, 2018

What? Cassie?? R&B queen of what generation?
1f602.png
she literally has 3 albums out and one kinda hit song
1f937-1f3fd-200d-2640-fe0f.png
her last actual album was in 2014, titled Dope 'n Diamonds. Maybe Vogue should focus on her fashion not music
2639.png
she ain't got non of that!!! pic.twitter.com/zuF59EDkUn

— FvkVIP2018 (@meaghanDMAC) March 16, 2018

Neither Cassie nor her Bad Boy boyfriend Diddy has responded to the blacklash.

The post Vogue Named Cassie R&B Queen And Twitter Isn’t Here For It appeared first on The Source.

Continue reading...

It's mostly the gay threads that do major numbers tho if you ever noticed. Back on the IC as soon as someone put "gay" in the title that thread would go 10+ pages. I never looked into them because I don't care but that shit always tripped me out I never understood it.
The disrespectful Neegahs thread was SanfranFuckincisco @Sion