Welcome To aBlackWeb

Vinyl question

VIBE

Do More. Be Legendary.
Just got a new record... it skips often... my other records don’t... is it the record? It’s on both records, both sides.... or does it need to be brushed clean? never had this happen

@VIBE

There's a trick that usually works. You put the needle on the record at the part of the song where it skips, then hold the cartridge and press down as it goes over the skip. Press down hard, but not too hard to damage the needle, but just hard enough to force the needle to go through the groove.

It might take several times to fix the skip but it usually works. Basically use your thumb and index finger to force the needle to go through the groove.

You want to pull the needle slightly backwards as it goes over the skip. Push it down and backwards.

FYI The 12" to Check The Rhime by A Tribe Called Quest had a skip in it. Everybody I knew that bought it when it came out had the same problem. But I fixed it using that technique.

have some new stylus’ coming in...

gonna upgrade my record player... it was a gift now I gotta invest in a much better turntable & audio set up... any suggestions??

must own records??

Back