Welcome To aBlackWeb

Utah school allowing parents to opt students out of Black History Month curriculum

Shit like this doesn't even make sense. Like what would your reasoning be for opting out? "I don't want my kids to know that black people achieved anything." I don't see how you could make this decision without outing yourself as a raging racist.

Since the mormon religion believes black skin is a curse. It would make sense for people of that belief to not want to learn about black people because they are cursed and a cursed people have nothing for my kids to learn about.

We know that is bullshit but if your religion rules and guides your life decisions I can see how that would play out that way. No matter how dumb that is

I think it's a good thing. I'm all for white people openly embracing and participating in all forms of ignorance. Let them continue to create a world based on ignorance and lies while we simultaneously continue to educate ourselves and our children and it won't take long before the ship rights itself.

Stop expecting your oppressor to be less oppressive. Let them hate you. They always have and they always will. But while they're living in their fanciful, made up world of blissful ignorance, stupidity and lies we need to be soaking up all levels of knowledge and education. That in and of itself will change not only our place in society but the entire world for generations to come. Let them have all the hate, ignorance, stupidity and bullshit their little Mormon hearts can handle. If we educate ourselves and our children everything will turn out just fine

This is really why they hate Black history. Everytime their bullshit comes face to face with the truth it always ends up like this.

After all that history has shown us about this country and the world over.

I'm really confused how it's "wild" to some of yall that racist people are doing and saying racist shit.

I don't think it's wild those parents feel that way and it's also not surprising.

Since the mormon religion believes black skin is a curse. It would make sense for people of that belief to not want to learn about black people because they are cursed and a cursed people have nothing for my kids to learn about.

We know that is bullshit but if your religion rules and guides your life decisions I can see how that would play out that way. No matter how dumb that is

Well, supposedly they've walked that back. Blacks are now allowed to be Mormons, though I don't know why any black person would want to be in a religion that only accepts them because of political correctness.

Well, supposedly they've walked that back. Blacks are now allowed to be Mormons, though I don't know why any black person would want to be in a religion that only accepts them because of political correctness.

Ain't no walking that shit back IMO. Black people could be mormons what they couldn't be was in the mormon priesthood until 1978. Those people been on that bullshit and they're going to stay on that bullshit.

I'm not ok with folks changing the bible of their religions because of the times they're in. If I'm not mistaken in the book of mormon black skin is still a curse and all the other lies about black skin and people are still in that book.

So they can't walk that back to me. It's in their bible regardless of them allowing black people to be priests in that religion now.

Ain't no walking that shit back IMO. Black people could be mormons what they couldn't be was in the mormon priesthood until 1978. Those people been on that bullshit and they're going to stay on that bullshit.

I'm not ok with folks changing the bible of their religions because of the times they're in. If I'm not mistaken in the book of mormon black skin is still a curse and all the other lies about black skin and people are still in that book.

So they can't walk that back to me. It's in their bible regardless of them allowing black people to be priests in that religion now.

I agree with you 100%. Like you said, they've only changed their practices. They haven't actually changed what their guiding book actually says about black people.

Not surprised by this at all. Some of yall must've forgot or never knew that mormons believe black skin is a curse.

In a teaching known as the "curse of Cain," Mormon doctrine states that God marked Cain with blackness and cursed him so he would forever be persecuted. Several other teachings in the Book of Mormon speak of black skin as vile and evil and white skin as "pure and delightsome." The scriptures imply God would darken the skin of people who fell out of his favor and lighten that of those who pleased him.

Brigham Young, in his "Journal of Discourses," described "some classes of the human family that are black, uncouth, uncomely, disagreeable and low in their habits, wild, and seemingly deprived of nearly all the blessings of the intelligence that is generally bestowed upon mankind" and connected them to Cain, saying "the Lord put a mark upon him, which is the flat nose and black skin."
I also heard the Mormon religion believes that blacks were born to be slaves.

Which kinda makes you wonder why any black person would even WANNA be a priest in that religion.

I agree with you 100%. Like you said, they've only changed their practices. They haven't actually changed what their guiding book actually says about black people.

Now what just fucked my head up was after reading your posts. I just thought about how a black mormon priest is preaching to a church that his black skin is a curse and his race of people are inferior.

How can a black person rationalize that in their mind? It's crazy that religion takes that much control over peoples lives. I'm talking about fanatics of all religions. It's like logic has no place in religion.

Some of ya'll hit the nail on the head already.

If they can do this, we should be able to opt out of they nonsense. Shouldn't be letting your kids be taught by your opp anyway.

Black culture should be taught all year round.

I hate the fact that we and others feel like this ain’t our country and get a month to study it.

this is America. We are Americans we have contributed for 100s of years.

Black culture should be taught all year round.

I hate the fact that we and others feel like this ain’t our country and get a month to study it.

this is America. We are Americans we have contributed for 100s of years.

That is something we should be teaching our kids outside of school. It makes absolutely no sense for us to expect people who are not us to properly teach our kids the truth about our people. It hasn't happened and IMO it's never going to happen. We need to accept that and move accordingly.

Last edited:
These are probly the same ppl that are against elements of the 1619 project being taught in schools.

America done. We too stupid to continue this shit lol

Back