Welcome To aBlackWeb

Added to Calendar: 07-19-24

Twisters

Windy & Woeful

PRAISE: I still remember attempting to see the original 1996 Twister on its opening weekend and that it was sold out in a couple of theaters. Not sure if this sequel will have the same draw but it has a few things going for it as we are introduced to Daisy Edgar-Jones’ as Kate,a tornado chasing scientist from Oklahoma,and Tyler (another charm filled performance from Glen Powell)and his team of famous Youtube posting of tornado chases,but hey they have hearts of gold. Kate is already off balance due to a traumatic tango with a twister and this plays out well in a few scenes. Definitely some good chemistry between the characters as they try to one up each other before they partner up.
The CGI,Sound and action sequences are on point and I'm glad I watched it in IMAX.

PROBLEMS: Aside from the two main characters I didn't really care about the dozen or so other characters who just get hyped over Twister chasing and yell out things about when and where the tornadoes will set themselves up. I never got to really know any of them. There are long moments when not much happens. It's definitely predictable in some spot and I knew exactly who were going to be taking out by several twisters. I kept waiting for a connection between the films and I actually laughed at the way a scene was filmed when I thought a big reveal was going to happen. I think it will be funny if in 10 years someone else makes a twister movie and the characters yell We are going to stop these things !!

Scale of 1 to 10 a 6½

Looks like this is going to overperform this weekend which is good news. People were declaring theaters dead after The Fall Guy and Furiosa

Solid blockbuster. I'm convinced Powell could charm the shit outta a traffic cone. I will say the chemistry between him and Daisy is nonexistent in this lol which is strange cause its the complete opposite during the press run. Superman was an asshole in this lol. I liked how it was also emotionally grounded with Daisy's character dealing with the trauma of her friends dying and her feeling it was her fault

⭐⭐⭐½

the movie was fine. unlike the first one, i didn’t really connect with the characters here. but i just wanted to see tornadoes wreck shit, so i got my fix

Back