Welcome To aBlackWeb

Added to Calendar: 06-21-24

Infamous114

Miami 🇳🇮
Mod Squad
20240616_224805.jpg

Jessica Alba stars in Trigger Warning coming to Netflix June 21. A skilled Special Forces commando (Alba) takes ownership of her father's bar after he suddenly dies and soon finds herself at odds with a violent gang running rampant in her hometown. Directed by Mouly Surya, written by John Brancato & Josh Olson and Halley Gross, and produced by Erica Lee, Basil Iwanyk and Esther Hornstein, Trigger Warning also stars Mark Webber, Tone Bell, Jake Weary, Gabriel Basso and Anthony Michael Hall.​

Weak Warning

The Last movie I saw Jessica Alba in was 2016's Mechanic: Resurrection so I was up for seeing her in an action movie with a story about A special forces commando returning home after her father's death and takes on a weapons trafficking gang.
Alba is good here and there in the film. I liked the opening of the movie as it displays how tough Alba's Parker is supposed to be.
There are some lines of dialogue that I enjoyed. I did enjoy watching a few of the action sequences. Some of the cinema photography was nice to take in
There are plenty of unintentionally laughable moments

PROBLEMS: There are some awkward racist moments and conversations when it comes to Parkers ethnicity. There are definitely some moments of ultra bad acting. Yes Parker is supposed to be a skilled soldier but not a stealth super hero. Characters don't make logical decisions or steps. What the bad guys are up to and why they commit murder doesn't hold up when I actually saw how casual they were about going about illegal measures. How a couple of things play out don't make sense. There are some unnecessary drops of information that just draws the movie out.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 4½

Back