Welcome To aBlackWeb

To all Wu Tang fans, what does this mean?

To be honest, it's just the stream of consciousness style that they were using at the time. Ghost is notorious for using this style (see Nutmeg on Supreme Clientele)

Nah, I'm betting it some Staten Island slang they used. There's some stuff like flower pot head and calling every nigga Keyon that they say alot.

Ghost admitted his early raps literally made no sense lol
Lol so why is he rated so high as a all time rapper?

And this coming from someone who enjoys his music. I just don't get it. It's like lyrical mumble rap.

Y'all can praise Ghostface but think Playboy Carti is trash for not saying anything.

Lol so why is he rated so high as a all time rapper?

And this coming from someone who enjoys his music. I just don't get it. It's like lyrical mumble rap.

Y'all can praise Ghostface but think Playboy Carti is trash for not saying anything.
Often cited as one of the best rap albums of the 2000s, Supreme Clientele is noted for Ghost’s nonsensical rhyme style, and it turns out even Ghost didn’t know what he was rapping about.

“When I was rhyming on “Nutmeg” and “One” on Supreme Clientele, I made a style that I couldn’t even tell what it was,” said Ghostface. “I just wanted to use some words that sounded good with each other and everybody’s trying to decipher what I mean when, really, I don’t even know what it means because I had no beat. But something said, Make a record. Write a verse real quick just putting words together, whether they mean something or not. Just put them together. That’s what I did with “Nutmeg” and “One.” But it was “Nutmeg” that set it off.”

Back