Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Tips on buying a used car

Try to buy near the end of the month or quarter, niggas be desperate to make numbers look good, will do more to meet your demands.

This x10!

And to add on to that, go to the dealer (knowing which car you've been eyeing/researching obviously) a few hours before the close of business on a slow(er) day (i.e. middle of the week) if possible. He/She is gonna try their damnedest to get that sale.

@Ghost313 @Rubato

Yall dropped some gems for those who may have been uninformed.

To contribute to this thread, I have purchased my last few cars from Carmax........ It's a one stop shop.. plates, registration and no hidden fees
They also ship (fee depends on location) and you can return the car within a week. Also they will fix any problems with your ride 30 days after purchase...Never had a problem

To contribute to this thread, I have purchased my last few cars from Carmax........ It's a one stop shop.. plates, registration and no hidden fees
They also ship (fee depends on location) and you can return the car within a week. Also they will fix any problems with your ride 30 days after purchase...Never had a problem

Carmax is cool to a certain degree, but I wouldn't shop there if I was gettin' an American/domestic car. There's no wiggle room on their prices and I already know they're cappin'. Their prices are "fair", but I'm trying to go to a dealer where I can knock off a few (or several) grand.

Now if I was coppin' a foreign (which can be very expensive to fix), I'd prolly go that route. For those that don't know, Carmax probably has the best extended warranties in the game. 6 yr/75k mi or 6 yr/125 mi. usually about 2 grand to 3+ grand respectively. And it covers pretty much everthing (bumper 2 bumper). All u have to do is pay a $100 deductible anytime you need whatever fixed and CM does the rest.

It's definitely worth it if you plan on keepin' the car for a while.

Carmax is cool to a certain degree, but I wouldn't shop there if I was gettin' an American/domestic car. There's no wiggle room on their prices and I already know they're cappin'. Their prices are "fair", but I'm trying to go to a dealer where I can knock off a few (or several) grand.

Now if I was coppin' a foreign (which can be very expensive to fix), I'd prolly go that route. For those that don't know, Carmax probably has the best extended warranties in the game. 6 yr/75k mi or 6 yr/125 mi. usually about 2 grand to 3+ grand respectively. And it covers pretty much everthing (bumper 2 bumper). All u have to do is pay a $100 deductible anytime you need whatever fixed and CM does the rest.

It's definitely worth it if you plan on keepin' the car for a while.
Passing down knowledge.....Respect Family

here's one more from my own personal opinion... if you need a car for just random shit and not every day use - think about buying a little 1-2 grand or less joint and just running that shit into the ground and don't get your emotions or credit involved.
aka.. The Hoopty

I work in auto insurance and can tell you for a fact that Carfax reports aren’t worth the paper they’re printed on. If a wreck didn’t result in a police report, and the car didn’t get repaired at a dealer, it is never gonna show up on the Carfax report. I get people every day telling me their Carfax is clean and then I run an ISO search and find there’s been several collision claims on the car. Carfax is a BS tool dealers use to low ball you on a trade-in offer.

@Rubato

This is spot on, but I've been meaning to ask if there is a way for me (or anyone else) to get info about an ISO claim for a particular car and if so how much would that service cost?

Great thread im looking for something most likely used with in the last 4 years

If i were to get an SUV. whats the best buy. I do like the way the Jeep looks.. but beyond that whats best on gas

what cars have right side gas tanks as well..?

If i were to get an SUV. whats the best buy. I do like the way the Jeep looks.. but beyond that whats best on gas

First I'd suggest narrowing down your options in SUV
Then I'd insert the in-car features needed
:4cyls are best on gas
Most gas pumps can reach around (pause) to the other side.

@Rubato

This is spot on, but I've been meaning to ask if there is a way for me (or anyone else) to get info about an ISO claim for a particular car and if so how much would that service cost?

I have no idea, but if you have a VIN you wanna run send it my way

What about private sellers?

Have a mechanic you trust do a thorough multipoint inspection before you commit to anything. If the seller is opposed to that, say thanks but no thanks.

Selling privately is too much of a hassle for most people so try to figure out why they are going that route. Good chance the vehicle has had extensive mechanical problems or accident related problems that they know a professional buyer would spot right away, so be very careful. Bright side is private sellers are usually much more willing to negotiate, especially if you are a cash buyer.

When I purchase a vehicle I always take it to the manufacturers mechanic to get a free 100pt inspection the same day or next day after purchase so that if anything comes up on the report I can take it back to the dealer and have them repair it on their dime.

The cars w/ the right side gas tanks is something your gonna have to actually look @ pics/videos to determine.

As far as the Jeep, I got a couple potnahs that have Grand Cherokee's (Emm Holla has one too but I don't think he post here) and they love them. I wanna say both have the Overland trim level, which is prolly the best one for the $. I got homeboys who have (4-door) Wranglers as well so if you have any questions I can ask.

To add on to what Mally said

Use autotrader.com and carguru to help narrow things down.

Autotrader can help you find the right specs down to the T. From year make, model, miles, gas mileage, minimum-maximum price, color etc.

Cargurus will let you know if the sales price is a great deal, fair deal, or if the vehicle is overpriced.

My wife has a jeep. Bitch rides nice but wide as fuck. It's not really my speed and horrible blind spots.

And all initial communication with dealers should be by email, that way you have everything documented. It’s crucial to know the exact year, make, model, and trim you want. Once they give you their lowest offer, forward that to another dealer to see if they’ll beat/match it, then forward that offer back to the first dealer and so on and so forth. Play them against each other and make sure you have the absolute lowest number before you even step foot on their lot.
Great Jewel

Back