Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Tijuana Jackson: Purpose Over Prison

Is the film cooning or providing comedy?

• Cooning

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Comedy

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters
Alright this film is cooning. How is it cooning? That's the question asked by people on Terry crews time. Talking about the revolving door of the prison complex and how the US on a state federal level uses anti black racism to keep it full, is serious not a joke. The joke is the systems weak attempts at reforming those whom they purposely entrapped in voluntary servitude.

They made the main character a black man idiot savant. Where he's written as man child in some parts then a genius life guru in the other. His mother is a mammy his sister is a bitter thot, her son a fatherless stereotype. Now some will say that's art imitating life. The black female that was a cop was a bedwench that was sleeping with the white supremacist that oppressed the main character in the beginning of the film. To many bussy boy white college boy humor that showed who they were really trying to appease to.
And in the end to really bring it home why this film is cooning they blame the main character for his failure not systemic racism. Its the victim of oppression that's the problem. I'm done.

Who are they? Romany wrote and directed this movie. This is his passion project. He didn't sell his idea to a major because he didn't want white folks controlling the narrative. If you took the time to listen to him speak on it, in the interviews posted, he doesn't even label it a comedy. He said there's funny parts but it's about taking on some serious subjects.

Who are they? Romany wrote and directed this movie. This is his passion project. He didn't sell his idea to a major because he didn't want white folks controlling the narrative. If you took the time to listen to him speak on it, in the interviews posted, he doesn't even label it a comedy. He said there's funny parts but it's about taking on some serious subjects.
Yeah what you wrote didnt help prove me wrong. It makes my points stand even stronger. You're on terry crews time.

Last edited:

?

You knew I wasn't pressing play when you posted this. Cliff notes? Anything different than what he said on the Breakfast Club?
You should. Tariq is a good interviewer

Haven't seen the bc yet joint but of course there's some different content. He went in depth on his come up in acting. He played hammer in the biopic. The origin of his name. Some other nuggets in there

Alright this film is cooning. How is it cooning? That's the question asked by people on Terry crews time. Talking about the revolving door of the prison complex and how the US on a state federal level uses anti black racism to keep it full, is serious not a joke. The joke is the systems weak attempts at reforming those whom they purposely entrapped in voluntary servitude.

They made the main character a black man idiot savant. Where he's written as man child in some parts then a genius life guru in the other. His mother is a mammy his sister is a bitter thot, her son a fatherless stereotype. Now some will say that's art imitating life. The black female that was a cop was a bedwench that was sleeping with the white supremacist that oppressed the main character in the beginning of the film. To many bussy boy white college boy humor that showed who they were really trying to appease to.
And in the end to really bring it home why this film is cooning they blame the main character for his failure not systemic racism. Its the victim of oppression that's the problem. I'm done.

Real talk bro....i hope irl you are mentoring high school kids, a ball coach, guidance counselor, community organizer, does public speaking at camps, volunteer at a homeless shelter, something.

Cuz real talk, you got all the answers and stay shitting on black ppl on the internet. But i wonder if you are really on the ground putting in real work. Cuz you appear to go outta ur way to judge others who are atleast doin sum thing

Real talk bro....i hope irl you are mentoring high school kids, a ball coach, guidance counselor, community organizer, does public speaking at camps, volunteer at a homeless shelter, something.

Cuz real talk, you got all the answers and stay shitting on black ppl on the internet. But i wonder if you are really on the ground putting in real work. Cuz you appear to go outta ur way to judge others who are atleast doin sum thing
raw

Back