Welcome To aBlackWeb

Thoughts on white artists that start off making black music then transition into other genres?

5th Letter

Mod Squad
He got popular for the same music black ppl get criticized for. While wearing the same cornrows black ppl get criticized for wearing & discriminated against. Was asked what he does for BLM & referred to the interview as reverse racism. & once he was done “playing nigga” & made money off our culture. He took that money gave nothing back to black ppl and transitioned to whatever this is. Very similar to MGK.

Pink, Kid Rock, Miley Cyrus all did it. I got more Respect for Eminem because when Trump became president, he said fuck Trump and anybody that supports him, and that gotta be half his fanbase.

But white American has always done this. Look at how the Fox, WB now Starz, they get big or build an advertising base with black shows then to middle America, who they always wanted in the first place.

Rap music is like a fad or something you listen to as a kid and will eventually grow out of, for a lot of white folks.

How y’all feel about Uzi Vert

His music that he does is not “our culture” and wasn’t raised in that culture

It’s the same shit

Pink, Kid Rock, Miley Cyrus all did it. I got more Respect for Eminem because when Trump became president, he said fuck Trump and anybody that supports him, and that gotta be half his fanbase.

But white American has always done this. Look at how the Fox, WB now Starz, they get big or build an advertising base with black shows then to middle America, who they always wanted in the first place.

Rap music is like a fad or something you listen to as a kid and will eventually grow out of, for a lot of white folks.

Only person on that list I'd take off is Pink. That r&b 1st album of hers was all LA Reid trying to make people think she was mixed. She's spent 20+ years telling people she never wanted to go that route. She said it in a a song on her 2nd album "LA told me you'd be a pop star...all you have to change is everything you are".

Kid Rock might be the worst offender of all time though in terms of hip hop. Man was a rich kid from Michigan who somehow tricked people into thinking he was a kid who grew up deejaying in Detroit who is now full on racist and bigoted.

lol I saw that tweet. but honestly if you listen to his albums he's had songs that are a lot more "typical white boy" type music. Where he's singing with a guitar. You gotta consider that it's a single as well, so he'll probably release the music that will appeal to the largest amount of people possible, which is this poppy sounding song.

Now any of his comments about him not rapping, not being part of hip hop, etc. etc. I can't defend.

Lol, that new video is hilarious. He trying hard to catch that Harry Styles pop wave lookin straight outta a fentanyl binge.

MGK, Post Malone & Kid rock the list goes on and on black people do this shit themselves co-sign and support mfs who shit on and appropriate the culture it’s the same shit with everything man there’s mfs who commodify our culture water it down and sell it to crackas and then cry about cultural appropriation. These mfs don’t care about the community they just want money.

How y’all feel about Uzi Vert

His music that he does is not “our culture” and wasn’t raised in that culture

It’s the same shit

Dumbest shit I ever heard rock is black culture nigga and Uzi music is black music he saying Philly slang rapping about his dead homies and using Jersey house music you niggas so lost…

Ill take it a step further with the endorsements and marketing tactics they use for the white artist using the culture. You'll see commercial ads for products, their music is always played on random commercials and sporting events when they go to a break.

I know we talking about artist like post who steal pieces of the culture, but it still puzzles me how a lot of these white artist made it through the cracks. Their music be so mild.

Back