Welcome To aBlackWeb

The world owes Castor Semenya an apology

Race Jones

gangster. grace. alchemy
World Athletics, the governing body of most track and field athletic events at the Olympics, has admitted that their controversial policy to ban female athletes from certain sports based on their natural testosterone levels has been, in part, based on a study now considered “misleading.”

The findings of the study, published in the British Journals of Sports Medicine, originally read “Female athletes with high [testosterone] levels have a significant competitive advantage over those with low [testosterone levels] in 400m, 400m hurdles, 800m, hammer throw, and pole vault.” They have since amended the study after the scientists behind it said the study was only “exploratory,” not in any way conclusive.

E7A5C3BC-A5D1-47FB-92E5-AD3E1CEAA5FE.jpeg

D6D83432-94D4-4E0B-8116-42CF50E8678D.jpeg

Last edited:
World Athletics, the governing body of most track and field athletic events at the Olympics, has admitted that their controversial policy to ban female athletes from certain sports based on their natural testosterone levels has been, in part, based on a study now considered “misleading.”

The findings of the study, published in the British Journals of Sports Medicine, originally read “Female athletes with high [testosterone] levels have a significant competitive advantage over those with low [testosterone levels] in 400m, 400m hurdles, 800m, hammer throw, and pole vault.” They have since amended the study after the scientists behind it said the study was only “exploratory,” not in any way conclusive.

View attachment 620498

View attachment 620494

How is it scientifically racist as far as Castor,not the regular women they tried that on

Seems like her having male characteristics would help her in athletics.

Only way that's happening is if they knew the information was BS and hid it anyway to keep her from running. Sorta like the NFL and concussions.
I'm no lawyer so I'm not going to act like I know exactly what grounds they would file a lawsuit or take it to the Court of Arbitration for Sport, but the unfair/unjust denial of competing and loss of commercial opportunities as a result of not appearing must come into play?

Funnily enough I'm doing a 1 year Masters course on Leadership in Sport and one of the modules is Sport, Society and Equality. I have a lecture today that will probably discuss Caster Semenya, as her appearance in London 2012 is part of one of the readings I have to do. I will let you know if it gets talked about.

I honestly never gave a fuck if she DID have elevated levels of testosterone and if it DID give her an advantage and if that advantage WAS a big one. As long as it was naturally occurring in her body, that's all that matters.

There are plenty of people with physical abnormalities that are naturally occurring, that gives them an advantage in whatever sport, but for some reason, we don't penalize those people or tell them they can't compete.

This shit is dumb.

Back