Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY The Kendrick Lamar Lounge

Nah, I'm not invested enough in women's NCAA basketball to care who goes. I'm honestly asking if there is another good matchup that would be interesting for the big game or is a repeat of the SEC Championship really the best they have to offer.
LSU vs South Carolina is the best matchup. Teams play offense and defense.

Physical and flare.

Yea, Juju and Clark get buckets which is highly entertaining

But the entire team vs team is LSU vs South Carolina. Both teams have multiple players that can give you 20.

Nah, I'm not invested enough in women's NCAA basketball to care who goes. I'm honestly asking if there is another good matchup that would be interesting for the big game or is a repeat of the SEC Championship really the best they have to offer.
For ratings, that's the only good matchup. Unless Iowa plays either one of them. The only other team that could drum up some sort of ratings would be UConn.

You’re watching more because the players that’s coming up starting to look like the men’s game as far as shot creation and skill level

Last edited:
That’s what they say, but it actually cost more to have that set up because it demands more from infrastructure. As in the telecommunications cost that it requires to run and maintain the fiber connection that it uses for the internet.

The company they pay for access to the software that manages the app. The cost of the maintenance cost to maintain its operation. The cost of the security to avoid lost of proprietary information that could result in a lawsuit. And the lost in revenue from the people that don’t get onboard.

Overtime it’s going to take much more to break even those costs, than to just pay a human being. A cost that doesn’t fluctuate.

Does dollar general make you use an app? If dollar general doesn’t do something, it’s doesn’t save money.

Use them as the truth

So they tell you it costs less but it does not.
Those are all sunk costs once the initial setup is done, so if they are paying for it regardless then why also pay staff?

Those are all sunk costs once the initial setup is done, so if they are paying for it regardless then why also pay staff?
For When it fails, the bad thing about corporations, the people who end up making decisions that affect the company often times have no idea how things actually work.

Theres how things are supposed to work, how things are believed to work, and how things actually work.

Case in point, a company bought a company that I worked for. The company used these things called high pass filters to restrict ingress noise to a certain frequency and below a certain threshold.

The problem with high pass filters that arise is if a customer moves their modem, it won’t work other than where it was installed and would involved in a truck roll. (A staffed human)

Also it’s a short cut to noise mitigation, but it’s a necessity because the things that affect noise and the quality of an upstream spectrum, are mostly vastly out of your control and more often than not, come from the same customer base you provide service too.

This is how a tight, residential plant actually works. The way it’s supposed to work is that everyone involved is supposed to be aware of the fact that their connections are supposed to be tight.

The way they think it works, is that staff works tirelessly to fix noise issues.

Well the company that bought my company believed that it was a combo of the latter. They chose to remove high pass filters throughout the system and paid a big tech company for noise mitigation software that could track down noise.

Well, all the software actually did was show how the noise was, and where it was, now that the high pass filters were gone its everywhere. Customers aware of the change in company, constantly complained that since we changed the name of the company, service has went to shit.

Well, that’s because the people who make decisions have no idea how shit actually works. We lost customers, and the additional expense for the new software made the company not me it’s expect profits.

What happened? They hired a bunch of contractors to go out and put filters back on. The same low tech filters that were there before. But because they didn’t want to have truck rolls that involved humans, they thought high tech could be the answer.

This type of shit happens everywhere and often.

LSU vs South Carolina is the best matchup. Teams play offense and defense.

Physical and flare.

Yea, Juju and Clark get buckets which is highly entertaining

But the entire team vs team is LSU vs South Carolina. Both teams have multiple players that can give you 20.
They have beef with each other though,so it makes the game more meaningful.
For ratings, that's the only good matchup. Unless Iowa plays either one of them. The only other team that could drum up some sort of ratings would be UConn.

Fair enough. People were talking about their game for days, so you guys are probably right.

Back