Saw Jennifer Lopez

grandpa-abe-exit.gif

MERC MOTHER

Jennifer Lopez stars as an FBI agent with no name......(ohhhhh so mysterious!!) and due to her involvement with a couple of bad guys played by Joseph Fiennes and Gael Garcia Bernal she has to go into hiding and though it pains her give her child over to adoptive parents.
Lopez is pretty good in this displaying all the right amounts of physicality, being pissed off and intense. She has good chemistry with Omari Hardwick, Mothers FBI handler.
Joseph Fiennes is good too . His villain is a cross between a Bond villain and the Joker. He is unmoved by anything and shockingly brutal.
Gael Garcia Bernal's villain was fun I enjoyed his time in the movie.
What matters most is Lopez's time with her young co star Lucy Paez as her daughter Zoe since they spend a good portion of them bonding while dodging bullets and explosions. I really enjoyed their banter.
There are some fun action sequences placed in great scenic areas around the world .
There's a lot of playing on maternal instincts throughout the movie which I didn't mind.

PROBLEMS : I was shocked at how underdeveloped a couple of characters were especially due to the fact that they were a big part of the foundation of the movies plot.The arrogance of a couple of characters lead to predictable outcomes.
Some of the moves some of the henchman and villains make are ridiculous. I guess covert wasn't part of their vocabulary.
There are a couple of too convenient moments. A couple of situations and set ups don't make sense.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 6½