Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Lox Confirm Puff Never Cheated Them

I don't know that they ever said that Puff 'cheated'. In every single interview I've ever heard them talk about it, they always admitted that they were getting everything they were supposed to get, according to the contract that they signed.

“If he’s sign to you, I can’t rape em”

lol..”if you bag a flavored bitch at a show, ima rape her”

"When them things let off y'all betta Dodge like a viper..."

So the publishing thing didnt exist???

IPW3.gif

The story I heard was that when The Lox left Bad Boy Puffy still owned their publishing for the music they made after they left, like the We Are The Streets album and the solo Jadakiss, Styles P and Sheek Louch albums.

Having said that, Puffy did make them superstars.

I don't know that they ever said that Puff 'cheated'. In every single interview I've ever heard them talk about it, they always admitted that they were getting everything they were supposed to get, according to the contract that they signed.

Yep, as a matter of fact, I don't think anyone ever said Puff cheated them. It was more that Puff was cutthroat and took advantage of the fact that the people he was signing didn't know much about the biz.

this makes me wonder if the other artists that said they signed bad deals actually did or they just heard the Lox say that before and said the same thing. or was it another marketing ploy?

this makes me wonder if the other artists that said they signed bad deals actually did or they just heard the Lox say that before and said the same thing. or was it another marketing ploy?

I think traditionally artists don't understand how the music business really works. If you sign without a lawyer you should expect to get screwed.

The problem is a label exec will hand you an envelope with $100 bills in it and ask you to sign a contract. It seems like a lot of money at the time, but the artist will generate much more over the life of his career. But it's all fair because the artist signs the contract and spends the money.

Back