Welcome To aBlackWeb

I wouldn't call it bad writing. At all.

Hobbits are central to the story and has been since its inception. It's weird saying they did nothing for the show when aspect of the characters are there to world build

Infact, the Harfoots specifically are laying the ground work to why Hobbits are how they are. No one leaves the trail=equals no one leave the shire. You see a race that was forever on the move suddenly settle in one location. Why?

You cut out their story and you lose the interaction with the wizard who if it is Gandalf builds on why we see him so engrossed with them by the time we get to Frodo. And yoy can not sat Gandalf is boring or not needed to the story

Maybe the Harfoots were to slow/or boring but the writing on them have been astounding. We've seen traits of Frodo, Merry, Pippin, and Sam in that entire Harfoot society. Thats brilliant to me
The funny thing is the Harfoots have more depth than the Hobbits in the movies. Thw writing in the show is no worse than the movies. If people find both boring than ok.

Last edited:
I feel like if Gandalf, Radagast, and Saruman aren't in this time zone then that'd be a legit complaint if the showrunners included them. Wonder if it's some magic user before their time. That'd be nice to include someone new that was before them
The blue wizards

Yeah

my only real gripe is that they either changed the order of the rings being crafted

Or just omitted the crafting of the rings for dwarves and men.

The elven rings were crafted last.

Other than that I love the show

I also hope that the stranger isn’t Gandalf

im not against them taking certain liberties

but Gandalf showing up is too far for me lol

Last edited:
Yeah

my only real gripe is that they either changed the order of the rings being crafted

Or just omitted the crafting of the rings for dwarves and men.

The elven rings were crafted last.

Other than that I love the show

I also hope that the stranger isn’t Gandalf

im not against them taking certain liberties

but Gandalf showing up is too far for me lol
Someone I know who read the books said as long as they get the rings accurate then he'll be fine with the changes lol

Need to ask him how he'd feel about Gandalf showing up since they messed with the order of the rings being made lol

Back