Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Listening Session /w Beta

5th Letter

Mod Squad
On a scale of 1-10 (1 being the worse score and 10 being the highest score) how do you rate this song and why?

I'd give it a 7.5/10

This is one of Wayne's last displays of being able to craft a song on an album that's coherent all the way through. Hook imo ain't really all that good but then it grew on me. Typical subject matter but it's not really a negative. There were no witty lines or hot bars in this but I suppose it's designed that way as it was intended to be a smooth song. Sounds dated a bit and the beat was chill while basic. Curren$y being on this and having a better verse than Wayne's 1st pushes this to 7.5

4/10

Predictable lines from Dame Dolla with a weak early 2000s flow. Nobody wants to hear this shit that sounds like it's solely supposed to be played while you navigate the menus in 2k. Lil Wayne added some energy and good lines but this ain't his best he is just washed so niggas hype this up and also by him being on this albums. ehh this isn't something you listen to more than once. This is the uber generic "finding hope and motivate the youth song" that's on almost every album. This is the background music while you watch dame lillard YouTube highlights.

I'd rather listen to a lonzo ball song

Ahhh this the first song I ever heard from Troy Ave. I heard this song at a time when new york did not have a sound anymore. This song embodies what new york rap is. Selling drugs, braggadocius raps, over a beat that makes you smell the chopped cheese sandwiches that papi be making, newports, and the overflowing garbage in the street. Troy ain't hitting nobody with no complex rhymes or witty punchlines but he's really just talking shit that rhymes. This is the beat thats playing while you got the snub nose on you while you trying to get the rest of the work off at 2am

It's a 7.5/10

5.5/10

Song was boosted by a blue eyed white man dying first off as that's why it was even made. This song is the definition of cookie cutter and plug and play also you coulda got any rapper and any singer to do this song and it woulda had the same effect. Wiz's flow was cool and his refrain is the best part but I mean this is generic BS

Where's Charlie Puth today? Probably on crack

A decent beat from king thelonius on this classic mixtape. He has an even better one one this same tape. Curren$y strays off his usual path of talking about weed and cars to give you a story about a night in New Orleans and how unforgiving it can be.

Solid storytelling from him on this first verse. The second is weaker but it flows pretty well

It suffers from being too short also

It's a 7/10

Lol as much as I wanna shit on it

I'm at work now I mean I can listen when I get off or if I get the chance before

Not my fault jams left that one in the tuck lol

I got time right now @5th Letter for this song

First off, chorus is lackluster. Horrible big boi impersonation on the first verse. First verse was the best one and it had decent wordplay. Decent message but his fat ass would try to season in some food in his raps as he peppers in talking about being together. Beat was ok nothing special. I tuned out his 2nd verse apparently because I don't remember it.

This is soulful background music

6/10

Back